Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Sorry to ask but I can't find other threads on this...

I have 3 unconditional MA offers... 1 I know I don't want, so will decline. So now there are 2 - I like them both, with a slight preference for one. But there's a very slim chance it won't be applicable for the new postgrad loans (unlikely but won't know 100% til May). I can't do it without one of those loans.

So can I in good conscience/is it technically allowed to accept 2 offers, and drop one once I know the situation re: funding?

Thanks in advance for your advice - it's much appreciated :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborah_bl)
    Hi everyone

Sorry to ask but I can't find other threads on this...

I have 3 unconditional MA offers... 1 I know I don't want, so will decline. So now there are 2 - I like them both, with a slight preference for one. But there's a very slim chance it won't be applicable for the new postgrad loans (unlikely but won't know 100% til May). I can't do it without one of those loans.

So can I in good conscience/is it technically allowed to accept 2 offers, and drop one once I know the situation re: funding?

Thanks in advance for your advice - it's much appreciated :-)
    Yes, that's absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    As Jantculum says, that's OK. It's actually quite normal for people to accept a Masters offer and then have to decline it later because they can't raise the finance. Unis will be fine with it - just let them know as soon as you can, in case there's a squeeze on places and it can be offered to another applicant.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember that the proposed PG loans are only for £10k - so wont cover the entire cost of a Masters degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Just remember that the proposed PG loans are only for £10k - so wont cover the entire cost of a Masters degree.
    They do depending on the course :-) None of mine are more than £7,000 total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    As Jantculum says, that's OK. It's actually quite normal for people to accept a Masters offer and then have to decline it later because they can't raise the finance. Unis will be fine with it - just let them know as soon as you can, in case there's a squeeze on places and it can be offered to another applicant.
    Thanks, Klix and Janta! That's so helpful.

ReputationRep:
    They do depending on the course :-) None of mine are more than £7,000 total.
    It may cover fees - but there is no extra as a maintenance award.

ReputationRep:
    returnmigrant Depends on your circumstance I guess! The guidelines say you can apply for any amount up to £10,000. I work full-time so don't necessarily need maintenance money for living - but I will likely apply for a little more so I can cover books, trips etc. :-)

ReputationRep:
    returnmigrant Depends on your circumstance I guess! The guidelines say you can apply for any amount up to £10,000. I work full-time so don't necessarily need maintenance money for living - but I will likely apply for a little more so I can cover books, trips etc. :-)
    So presumably this is only p/time study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    So presumably this is only p/time study?
    Yes, part-time :-) The most expensive degree in my offer list is £3,500 a year so £7k total.

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.