Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically i got all 5 offers back and have chosen my first choice but when it comes to my second choice i'm fairly stuck. I have two university's which i think are nice, one takes the edge though but the other has similar requirements so i don't want to put it as my second choice for obvious reasons.

I got accepted to do the Science foundation year at UWE, but i'm concerned about the degrees worth. To get onto the foundation year I have to obtain 120 points (Already have that) and that is the concern. Iv'e checked and all other foundation years which require a fairly higher amount of points/grades for entrance so i'm worried that the points they're asking for reflects their results and quality of the course/teacher. It's the best second option I have out of them all since, 1 or 2 aren't as good as two and as i said previous the two are very similar in points required.

So basically the question im asking is, is this course worth putting as a backup, will it be recognised and seen as a 'good degree' since i'm not sure how good it looks to employers.

Sorry if I've not made much sense but i'm a little stressed right now aha. If any of you could help me i'd much appreciate it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Are all your offers for foundation courses? If not, why is just the UWE one for a foundation course? Can you rank the courses in order of your interest in them? Does doing well on the foundation courses guarantee you admission to the degree courses?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.