Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing my AS levels in Chemistry, German, History and Psychology and unfortunately with not much success. I got terrible mock results in January which were:

German - B (3 marks off an A) (Edexcel)
    Psychology - D (WCEC)
    History - E (OCR)
    Chemistry - U (OCR)

I have read many threads where people have gotten really bad mock results but they are still aiming very high so I've decided to start a thread to help me and other people achieve the results they want in the summer.

Every day I will be posting what revision i have done which will hopefully motivate me to do lots more work.

I know it's March already but I have already made 90% of my chemistry notes and 60% on psychology. I'm running behind on History however today I'm going to start making notes on it

I want to wish anyone who is doing A - Levels the best of luck and if you do have any revision tips don't hesitate to post them below

I know I am capable of getting 4A's only if from today I concentrate only on work and not waste any time on unnecessary things (aka watching one piece

GOOD LUCK!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreamsneverend15)
    I'm currently doing my AS levels in Chemistry, German, History and Psychology and unfortunately with not much success. I got terrible mock results in January which were:

Psychology - D (WCEC)
    History - E (OCR)
    Chemistry - U (OCR)

I have read many threads where people have gotten really bad mock results but they are still aiming very high so I've decided to start a thread to help me and other people achieve the results they want in the summer.

Every day I will be posting what revision i have done which will hopefully motivate me to do lots more work.

I know it's March already but I have already made 90% of my chemistry notes and 60% on psychology. I'm running behind on History however today I'm going to start making notes on it

I want to wish anyone who is doing A - Levels the best of luck and if you do have any revision tips don't hesitate to post them below

I know I am capable of getting 4A's only if from today I concentrate only on work and not waste any time on unnecessary things (aka watching one piece

GOOD LUCK!!
    Good luck!! I'm aiming for AAAB

ReputationRep:
    Update:

I managed to make notes for a whole chapter for History. Only 5 more chapters to go for Tudors

Considering it's Friday, I got a lot done. Can't wait for a productive weekend..

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, good luck. That definitely will not be easy, but I'm sure you can do it!

I'm aiming for AAABC (the C is in french, which I will be dropping immediately on results day)
    My mocks were pretty awful too to be honest
    Eng Lit: E (only because I accidentally missed a section of the mock XD)
    Eng Lang: A
    RE: B
    French: U

I'll try and revise along with you, you've kinda inspired me to try a little harder

ReputationRep:

Psychology - D (WCEC)
    History - E (OCR)
    Chemistry - U (OCR)

GOOD LUCK!!
    Good luck even i am doing AS currently and in chemistry i got U but i know i am capable of getting an A

ReputationRep:
    Oh my lord, thank god i'm not the only one who did badly. This gives me so much hope.

Maths: A and U (U because one teacher for stats rushed LITERALLY half the syllabus into two weeks so we had no time to practice)
    History: B and B
    Psychology: A (only one i'm happy with because I got 92% )
    Biology: D

I know that I need a hell lot more practice and that's why I didn't do so well. My target grades are ABBB (A is the maths), but I would love AAAB ( B in history) or even AABB (B's in history and biology)

KEEP GOING EVERYONE!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittykatieboo)
    Oh my lord, thank god i'm not the only one who did badly. This gives me so much hope.

Maths: A and U (U because one teacher for stats rushed LITERALLY half the syllabus into two weeks so we had no time to practice)

I know that I need a hell lot more practice and that's why I didn't do so well. My target grades are ABBB (A is the maths), but I would love AAAB ( B in history) or even AABB (B's in history and biology)

KEEP GOING EVERYONE!!
    What board do you do for history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cari98)
    Firstly, good luck. That definitely will not be easy, but I'm sure you can do it!

I'm aiming for AAABC (the C is in french, which I will be dropping immediately on results day)
    My mocks were pretty awful too to be honest
    Eng Lit: E (only because I accidentally missed a section of the mock XD)
    Eng Lang: A
    RE: B
    French: U

I'll try and revise along with you, you've kinda inspired me to try a little harder
    Thank you..even if I get AABB I'll still be happy but I'm aiming for the highest so I give my best in every subject and not settle for a B

Good luck with French, it must be really hard. I'm a native German speaker so I was extremely disappointed with a B but I'm positive that I'll get my A in the end. I would recommend listening to French news.. It really helps improve your vocab.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with Chemistry - you'll get that A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittykatieboo)

KEEP GOING EVERYONE!!
    Hopefully you'll get the grades you want in the summer!! For the mocks I just concentrated on making notes because I had fallen so behind so I had like 1 day for each subject to go through it and try and cram stuff in so that's why I'm not basing my ability on my mocks.. 92% in psychology Wow that's amazing

ReputationRep:
    Right chemistry: use Herothing1's notes on TSR and use MaChemGuy on youtube, use the spec and do all the past papers. I guarantee you will get an A.

I dunno about the others I don't do them

ReputationRep:
    Update - 6/03/16

Productive weekend? Not really.

I finished making flashcard questions for a unit in chemistry and started learning it too.
    I did 2, 30 markers for German.
    and I learned half of chapter 1 for Tudors.

I still have a lot of things to do and it's already 20:30 but I've decided not to sleep until I finish everything I had planned to finish. I still have to do:

- Finish making flashcard questions for the first chapter in Psychology
    - Make notes for Chapter 2 Russia
    - Make notes for Chapter 2 Tudors

This is quite a lot and I'll update if I finish everything before school starts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    Right chemistry: use Herothing1's notes on TSR and use MaChemGuy on youtube, use the spec and do all the past papers. I guarantee you will get an A.

I dunno about the others I don't do them
    I just checked out his videos and they're so good..Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Update 08/03/16

I finished all the work yesterday which was supposed to be finished by the end of last week. I took one more day which means I'm behind already for this week's revision. So I have double the amount of work to do

On top of that I have a lot of homework too

Psychology - 20 marker
    History - 20 marker + reading + filling out worksheets
    Chemistry - worksheet
    German - speaking preparation + answering questions from the book

Today I want to finish my psychology and chemistry and do revision for them both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRMatt)
    What board do you do for history?
    I think it's ocr, we're doing wars of the roses depth study and American history becoming a superpower.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully you'll get the grades you want in the summer!! For the mocks I just concentrated on making notes because I had fallen so behind so I had like 1 day for each subject to go through it and try and cram stuff in so that's why I'm not basing my ability on my mocks.. 92% in psychology Wow that's amazing
    Thank-you, I have to work very hard just to get the same results as people who don't need to work hard because I have learning difficulties which kind of sucks. I've put a lot of effort into my a-levels (made lots of flashcards for biology and psychology, done lots of questions for maths and I've made most of my condensed notes for history). So happy with psychology because the girl who sits next to me always brags about how well she does (especially if I've done badly in a test) and has no thought for my feelings so getting 92% was amazing in comparison to her 50 odd %

P.S. I may join you and post what work I've done/plan to do to motivate me even more, good idea!

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Good luck guys - hope you all get A+++

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.