Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically on the student finance website, it says you are required to have a national insurance number. I havent started my application yet and today I called the jobcentre plus line and when asked the question "what do you need it for?" I said "for my student finance application" and the lady was so rude, she said we dont do it for that and you will need to check it with your Uni.

Im over 20! And still dont have one and after my first reply I even said that I'll be looking for jobs soon and she was like "we cannot change the reason you gave us first"

What??? I waited so long and then this is the help I get?

What do I need tl say then? It's not like my uni is going to sort my student finance application. And even on the student finance website, they clearly say you need one to apply for loans.

What do I do then?

Im 21, european citizen, living in the UK. Please I need help!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Elphis

Please submit the application to us without the national insurance number. If you don't have one we will check this with the DWP, they should then send you a letter to arrange an appointment to get one.
    If you are applying as an EU student, we don't need one at all.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.