The Student Room Group

Is living in London feasible?

Hi, just got an interview for St George's medicine course, and while I am excited, I was wondering whether it's actually feasible to live in London?

I would get around £10700 a year from student finance, is this enough to live adequately in London, bearing in mind everything costs more there?

Anyone with experience feel free to share it, I really don't know what to do :no:

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
In part, it depends on you and it depends on what part of London you live in. The university probably has a quote of how much, in their opinion, it will cost you. But, in my experience, it's hugely wrong and a lot of it depends on you. I studied in London for a year. Because I didn't go out every week, I saved money there, uni was within walking distance, etc. I lived on £80 a week (I lived in halls; so no bills) and usually had some £30-40 a week left over.
Original post by Tiger Rag
In part, it depends on you and it depends on what part of London you live in. The university probably has a quote of how much, in their opinion, it will cost you. But, in my experience, it's hugely wrong and a lot of it depends on you. I studied in London for a year. Because I didn't go out every week, I saved money there, uni was within walking distance, etc. I lived on £80 a week (I lived in halls; so no bills) and usually had some £30-40 a week left over.

Thanks, this is reassuring, I better get calculating!
Original post by TheyCallMePolish
Thanks, this is reassuring, I better get calculating!

You're welcome. :smile:

You're also entitled to a long course loan if your course is more than 30 weeks and 3 days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending