Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow an interview for MSc in structural engineering? I think I was lucky to get an offer straight away. How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    MSc - Transport and Business Mmgt ...fingers crossed to start in Oct 2016.

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone here know if the MSc Engineering course runs from Oct16-June 17 or does it run from Oct16- Sep 17? I seem to get conflicting information online.

ReputationRep:
    Still no answer from the department, anyone in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so if my application to MSc Transport was considered from yesterday, when should I start expecting an answer from the department? Does it always take 6-8 weeks or is there a chance that they may answer before?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaronr89)
    MSc - Transport and Business Mmgt ...fingers crossed to start in Oct 2016.
    Hey aaronr89, did they give you an answer or not yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Daka616. I had submitted an application start of this year if i recall correctly and was offered a place. Did you only just submit your application? Is it your intention to start in Oct 16 or 17?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaronr89)
    Hi Daka616. I had submitted an application start of this year if i recall correctly and was offered a place. Did you only just submit your application? Is it your intention to start in Oct 16 or 17?
    Thanks for the reply. I submitted my application on June 11 and the 2nd reference letter was considered on the 21st of June. I had emailed the admissions back when I was filling the application and they told me it's not too late for October 16.
    I just have the following questions:
    How much time did it take them to answer you from the time the 2nd letter was considered to the time they sent you the acceptance?
    Do they require really high grades for this program or a good personal letter and reference letters and a solid transcript may do?
    I would like to know since I have been accepted to another uni and I am an international student so I need to know if I should stop considering imperial and work on my visa for the other uni or if I have chances to get the answer in around a month or 6 weeks I may risk it and wait since imperial is worth
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would give them a call and talk to the admissions team and let them know the urgency if I were you, also make it known that you have another offer but would like to choose imperial. If i recall correctly, it was around Jan 2016 when my second reference was sent out and I only got an offer in May 2016 which I thought was a decent wait.

With regard to grades..i wasn't a top student but I wasn't scraping the bottom either. I did however have about 4-5 years post graduate experience within the transport engineering/construction and projects sector...so I am sure that they are not only focused on grades. Dont worry too much and give it your best shot is what I have learned....what has to be will be.

ReputationRep:
    Is the delay suggesting that they finalised their decision and it is too late to receive an offer? I've submitted mine in March and my second reference for engineering was submitted early June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elmi)
    Is the delay suggesting that they finalised their decision and it is too late to receive an offer? I've submitted mine in March and my second reference for engineering was submitted early June.
    I think they don't consider your application until the second reference letter is submitted. Which course are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    General structural engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaron199419)
    Applied for Hydrology about a month ago... still waiting.... tick tock
    Have no idea if I have a chance or not.... what kind of grades/background are everyone coming in with here?
    I guess some courses will be more competitive than others- not sure I could wait 4 months though!

Anyone know if interviews are part of the application process at all?
    Hi I recieved the offer of Hydrology too, how's things going on? Do you got the offer? If so, we might be classmates!😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itamar8)
    Hey guys,

I received a conditional offer for the MSc in General Structural Engineering. Has anyone received an unconditional offer? it seems they only give unconditional offers to the ones that finished their undergraduate studies.
    I received the conditional offer too. What is your academic background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophi123)
    Can I ask you when did u apply? How much time before getting the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophi123)
    Hey Sophi,

I hold a BSc in Structural Engineering ( a 4 year program)
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone confirmed their place yet?
    Just completed my undergraduate degree at Surrey and will be doing the general structural engineering course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhiyualice)
    Hi I recieved the offer of Hydrology too, how's things going on? Do you got the offer? If so, we might be classmates!😊
    Hello- Yes I got an offer and will be starting in October too! Really looking forward to starting- though a bit worried about the workload on the course/not having any experience in hydrology up till now :/

Have you had any luck with finding accommodation in London!?

(Just realised the post is 3 weeks old... sorry about the late reply!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaron199419)
    Hello- Yes I got an offer and will be starting in October too! Really looking forward to starting- though a bit worried about the workload on the course/not having any experience in hydrology up till now :/

Have you had any luck with finding accommodation in London!?

(Just realised the post is 3 weeks old... sorry about the late reply!)
    Hi don't worry about your late reply XD, just got my CAS number and been applying for a visa, looking forward it too and also heard about the workload, might be a little bit tough but think we can make it😊

And yeah I've been hunting for flats for a long time, not lucky at all since you need to arrange a viewing first and some ads are actually not that authentic, how's yours going on?

Since we are gonna be classmates, would you mind to add each other on Fb which is more convenient to communicate?

Zhiyu

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.