The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by AR_95
Thoughts on the amount of arabs at Brunel

They're so ****ing loud and everywhere ffs HABIBI HABIBI

Omds I know

I go there for a day a week typically and see them everywhere.

Going to be there a lot over the next few days and it's gonna get annoying

Also see a lot more Asians, fresh ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2081
Original post by swirly
@SA-1 pls respond I need ur views from the 6

The PM you sent? Read it and completely agreed and felt a little ashamed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man like Lúcio took £10 and turned it in to £43.42 in a few days of PL football betting.

Luck or skill?
Original post by SA-1
The PM you sent? Read it and completely agreed and felt a little ashamed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed regarding the gold digging or the other thing?
Reply 2084
Original post by swirly
Agreed regarding the gold digging or the other thing?

50 cent ffs :rofl:
Original post by samiz20891
Speak now.

Original post by swirly

/thread

ngl, they're going to ruin the Nou Camp putting that 'generic' roof on it.
really feeling like if you take family out of the equation, England is not a good place to settle down and start a family
just had to give a lecture on a very condensed history of the uk, and afterwards when talking with the students about the future of england, I just cant see a lot of positive outcomes in the short-term.. not if I am completely honest.
You don't like England, we get it.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
You don't like England, we get it.

the opposite! I love the UK, its my country, my families home, my history etc. That's the whole reason I get so worked up about it, because it frustrates me no end to see it (in my eyes) fall apart/have problems.

Its the same as in football.. I dont give two shits about any other club failing, and will never post a lot about it.. but when its arsenal, you will be sure that I am complaining/moaning/venting anger/getting frustraited etc.

Its a manifestation of how much I like the country, not the other way around.

But I am also realistic, and as it stands I am deeply worried for england, an ever more fractured and selfish country that is a shadow of what it once represented.

Genuinly, growing up I thought I would never leave.. my sister always wanted to travel and live in other countries, but I could never see myself going, as I liked the idea of home to much.. but now i'm serriously considering not coming back, and instead settling somewhere like new zealand.. if there is a time to do it, then its now.. whilst I have money, desirable skills for migration, and before I start a family.
Original post by fallen_acorns
really feeling like if you take family out of the equation, England is not a good place to settle down and start a family

Why is that?

Presumably the main factor is education?
Original post by fallen_acorns

I agree, it's not a good place.

It's a great place.

Only place better is Texas.
Original post by Zerforax
Why is that?

Presumably the main factor is education?

education does come into it, I am really not a fan of the current goverements dirrection when it comes to education at all.. but its only a part.

Its just overall I really dislike how fractured the UK feels.. half of scottland wants to leave england, half of the UK wants to leave europe, there is in-fighting over everything, generations that dont agree or support each other, a disfunctional govermental system that is showing its age.. a dangerous regression to the extremes of both the left and the right, as each seek to push further away from the centre.. and overal, I just dont trust the UK's ability to prosper over the next few decades.

I mean, bar some catstrophic event or change, it will never be a bad place to live, and always in the top group.. but considering currently I have a wide choice of where to live next, due to not being tied down to work in the UK.. its hard to put the Uk on top of the list, when there are other countries that feel better managed, more progressive, building towards a better future etc.

Its just family thats holding me back.

England feels more and more like america to me.. an amazing place to live if you have a lot of money.. but if not, then it leaves a lot to be disired.
current education policy does piss me off though. I really dont like the emphasis on teaching 'british values'

Values are not something easily taught. They are much better demonstraited, and shown by the way you act/teach/behave.. and one way to not demonstrait british values, is to try and force-feed a awfully condensed/steryotypical/nosensical version to students by teachers who dont even want to do it.

But actually thinking about it.. trying to force feed our culture on people who dont want it is about as british as you can get historicaly.. so.. maybe the goverment has actually played a blinder.
Reply 2096
Who decides these PFA/UEFA TOTY?

Always some bull**** going on with them.
PFA team of the year is spot on, imo

In b4 Ozil
Reply 2098
Prince:frown:
Reply 2099
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I agree, it's not a good place.

It's a great place.

Only place better is Texas.

Would rather live in CA. Preferably Los Angeles.

Latest