(Original post by fallen_acorns)
Take the job. Work for another year. Delay your masters.
Dont be an idiot. Thank me later.
Serriously though, you have a really nice job at the moment, and you want to run off and do a masters after a few months? Look at it from the ballance of your life:
If you stay for 1 more year, then:
- you have nearly 2 years of experiance.. much better then less then 1, as many professional jobs ask for around 2 years or more.
- You have huge savings, already have 13k, so you could potentially get to what 35-40k total after another 15 months bassically.
- you still do your masters, just 1 year later.
BUT, now not only do you have enough money to do your masters.. you also have the deposit on your first house, and a comfortable cushion incase it takes you longer to find work after your masters.
1 year of your life, for:
- much improved work history
- savings for masters + big life events
In my eyes its easily worth it.
I am not a big fan of the job I do right now, I would love to be back in uni doing a masters in something I love, but it pays bloody well, and my cost of living is tiny, so I am in a similar situation as you, and just get on with it and do it.. saving in the UK is hard under normal circumstances, so when you are given an opertunity to save a lot, in a short time - these days with crazy house prices and high cost of living.. you should jump at it.