The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
You don't necessarily pause to take a breath after every comma ffs

Why you always challenging me?

You wanna fight??

Meat in me Leeds.

Statistical significance pal. Rejecting all sorts of null hypothesis

But you actually spent time thinking about it, and then made a decision not to..

Did anyone ever come to your sports days bro?

Ok, ok, English isn't my strong point. I'm sorry. I take it all back.

Guessing that's some low key shots but I don't really get what it's aimed at, but yes my mam was a regular sports day spectator
Reply 3001
Original post by The Wavefunction
Ok, ok, English isn't my strong point. I'm sorry. I take it all back.

Guessing that's some low key shots but I don't really get what it's aimed at, but yes my mam was a regular sports day spectator

Banterous shots pal, you know I have love for you x
Original post by SA-1
Banterous shots pal, you know I have love for you x

Right back at you browski xox
Reply 3003
@bammy jastard 27 Cavs getting naughty with Atlanta tonight. LeBron and Kyrie probably not going to play more than 20 minutes, Kevin Love getting good minutes to work his way into form, defence looking solid and JR Smith jizzing everywhere.

They have LeBron so there's always a title chance but now they look incredible.
Reply 3004
Original post by Views.
@bammy jastard 27 Cavs getting naughty with Atlanta tonight. LeBron and Kyrie probably not going to play more than 20 minutes, Kevin Love getting good minutes to work his way into form, defence looking solid and JR Smith jizzing everywhere.

They have LeBron so there's always a title chance but now they look incredible.

Funnily enough not watching atm. The series I'm most interested in is the Spurs OKC series because Cleveland will be in the finals as the East are too weak other than Cleveland, Golden State with an unfit Curry can lose to OKC and Spurs in the West Conference finals.

Just saw the halftime score though and just loled. Big fan of Tristan Thompson though. Amazing on the glass. No idea why their previous coach got fired to this day though.

Finals will be a rematch of last years personally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3005
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Funnily enough not watching atm. The series I'm most interested in is the Spurs OKC series because Cleveland will be in the finals as the East are too weak other than Cleveland, Golden State with an unfit Curry can lose to OKC and Spurs in the West Conference finals.

Just saw the halftime score though and just loled. Big fan of Tristan Thompson though. Amazing on the glass. No idea why their previous coach got fired to this day though.

I follow the Cavs because LeBron fan. Spurs OKC is huge, I don't think OKC would take GSW-minus-Curry currently though. Not consistent enough and no other scorers. There's really **** all after Russell and KD, Aldridge is shitting all over Ibaka. Blatt didn't get on with the King or anybody else tbh, Lue done a decent job.

Miami starting to look good in the East, they could take a game or two off LeBron.
Reply 3006
Original post by Views.
I follow the Cavs because LeBron fan. Spurs OKC is huge, I don't think OKC would take GSW-minus-Curry currently though. Not consistent enough and no other scorers. There's really **** all after Russell and KD, Aldridge is shitting all over Ibaka. Blatt didn't get on with the King or anybody else tbh, Lue done a decent job.

Miami starting to look good in the East, they could take a game or two off LeBron.

Spurs are consistent but really KD + Westbrook wins games on their own and against Curry less GSW that could be the difference(in their season games one game was essentially won by Curry). Ibaka been pretty poor on defence vs Aldridge. I knew he was good with Portland but he's really been shining this series. OKC are terrible at holding leads though. Not Rockets bad but they've blown nearly 20 4th quarter leads this season.

Lue done a good job but is it really much more than Blatt? I guess LeBron weren't a fan though so he had to go for team dynamics.
Reply 3007
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Spurs are consistent but really KD + Westbrook wins games on their own and against Curry less GSW that could be the difference(in their season games one game was essentially won by Curry). Ibaka been pretty poor on defence vs Aldridge. I knew he was good with Portland but he's really been shining this series. OKC are terrible at holding leads though. Not Rockets bad but they've blown nearly 20 4th quarter leads this season.

Lue done a good job but is it really much more than Blatt? I guess LeBron weren't a fan though so he had to go for team dynamics.

Tbh they fluked a win yesterday, GSW's team unit would take them down easy.

Difficult to judge Lue, main thing is keeping LBJ happy
hawks got violated from the 3 point line. LBJ is playoff king
Acorns evaluation of new partners:

Phase 1: before you meet
Looks/style

Phase 2: when you meet
Interests/Personality/Attitude/Abilities/Prospects/Habbits/Humor/Intelligence

Phase 3: After getting to know a bit

1. Does this person bring out the best in you?
2. Do they fit perfectly into your life, with no major compromises needed on both sides?
3. Does their ideal life/future plan align with yours?

---

Serriously fed up of my freinds ****ing up Phase 3.

So many times at the moment I am seeing guys getting with girls who tick off phase 1+2, and the guy thinks they are perfect.. but you can see a mile-off that it will crash and burn in a year or two because they dont pass phase 3.

Got guys who are with really beautiful girls, nice personality.. but he wants kids and a settled family, and she wants to travel around the world as a journalist.. they make it work for a few years, but the differences in their goals grind them down over time.

Guy with a nice looking girl, but she brings out the worst in him, together they make each other more lazy/complacient, but they really like each other, and her personality is great. Crashes and burns after a while as they both get fed up in their lives.

My sister dates a guy who is lovely, really nice, reasonably good looking, they both think everything is great. But from the outside its obvious that their way of living dont fit together very well.. over time things break down.

Got a friend right now who is with this girl, quite good looking, seems nice personality, interests align - but neither can see that their aims for life do not match at all. I give it less then 3 years until it breaks them apart.

I get that in our society thinking about long-term planning when you just start dating is considered wierd. But serriously, unless you want to waste years on a realtionship that your mum/dad can probably see is doomed from a mile off, got to think about phase 3.
Final development at work.

Had a 1-2-1 with the CSM and we went through schedules and phasing timelines. Unfortunately it doesn't really work out very well with the start of my course at uni, so I just said the most logical course of action is to take my colleague on as she can work as long as required.

So I finish at the end of June.
Sucks because I'll have nearly 3 months off but I suppose this'll be my first summer without work since I was 15.

Need to keep myself busy with low-cost activity. Might just get some advice from FK and get hench at the gym, maybe get a nice trim and a Zayn album.
Original post by Lúcio

Had a 1-2-1 with the CSM and we went through schedules and phasing timelines. Unfortunately it doesn't really work out very well with the start of my course at uni, so I just said the most logical course of action is to take my colleague on as she can work as long as required.

Sucks because I'll have nearly 3 months off but I suppose this'll be my first summer without work since I was 15.

Need to keep myself busy with low-cost activity. Might just get some advice from FK and get hench at the gym, maybe get a nice trim and a Zayn album.

Make the most of it! Id kill for 3 months without work :redface:

Actually i would just kill to go back to uni for a year.. Such a good as a student.
Original post by fallen_acorns

Actually i would just kill to go back to uni for a year.. Such a good as a student.

I know, but it's 3 MONTHS without work.
Like I seriously get bored/agitated after 4 days if I don't have anything planned.
I can't afford to spend much because it's all going towards uni next year.

I gave myself a leisure budget of £500, meaning I can afford to spend a little over £40 per week. Not sure how feasible that is but I reckon it'd be alright.
Original post by Lúcio
Like I seriously get bored/agitated after 4 days if I don't have anything planned.

I gave myself a leisure budget of £500, meaning I can afford to spend a little over £40 per week. Not sure how feasible that is but I reckon it'd be alright.

Anything useful you can do? CV boosting stuff etc.

Guess it depends what job you want after your masters
Doing an all nighter to work is all right the first night you do it. Do it for 2 or 3 days and it ****s you up

Have had about 6 hours sleep since monday morning
Original post by fallen_acorns

https://www.facebook.com/shanghaiist/videos/10154533836981030/

Is this sort of thing common practise in China, or does the Internet just pick up on rare cases?

I also remember reading about how people kill people on purpose after they run them over (by running them over again and again until they're dead) to avoid paying medical costs for the person. One specific case was someone who reversed back and went forwards multiple times on a toddler to intentionally kill them after initially accidentally knocking them over, and actually got off in court because they said they thought it was a bin bag (even though there was CCTV). Has the government taking steps to avoid this happening, and what is the general opinion of this sort of thing with people?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html

Found an article here about it actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As if my brother actually voted for Zac Goldsmith. ******
Reply 3017
Original post by Lúcio

£40 a week is more than enough for a leisure budget.

Original post by Lúcio

Gym membership and train for a run.
Original post by rEaR vIeW
https://www.facebook.com/shanghaiist/videos/10154533836981030/

Is this sort of thing common practise in China, or does the Internet just pick up on rare cases?

I also remember reading about how people kill people on purpose after they run them over (by running them over again and again until they're dead) to avoid paying medical costs for the person. One specific case was someone who reversed back and went forwards multiple times on a toddler to intentionally kill them after initially accidentally knocking them over, and actually got off in court because they said they thought it was a bin bag (even though there was CCTV). Has the government taking steps to avoid this happening, and what is the general opinion of this sort of thing with people?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html

Found an article here about it actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can confirm. In china you dont **** around with sheep unless you want to get taken down.

Can confirm also. Don't get run over in china. Mrs. Wang the cleaning lady who barely can drive having paid her way to a liscence, and cant really see is not ****ing about with her no claims bonus over your life.
Anyone know where to get Uber codes?

Inb4 Google
(edited 7 years ago)