The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly

a gif that doesn't include taylor swift? That's a first...
Reply 3081
Original post by The.Joker
truth hurts fam, it's **** :colonhash:

let's battle this out on rust in mw2, 1v1 quickscope

Nah I'm talking a real 1 on 1 fight at Hyde Park

Let's sort this once and for all..
Original post by AR_95
You clearly aren't familiar with EA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Except I am because I've been playing their games for 15 years. BF3 was the first game I played and bought and played all the expansions, ending up paying more than I did for the game in the first place and tbh DLC/Microtransactions are the way the game's industry will be the foreseeable future.
Reply 3083
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Except I am because I've been playing their games for 15 years. BF3 was the first game I played and bought and played all the expansions, ending up paying more than I did for the game in the first place and tbh DLC/Microtransactions are the way the game's industry will be the foreseeable future.

What is their slogan?

EA Sports _____ _____ _____ game
Original post by Jimmy Seville

I'm perfectly fine with DLC mate, just not when they release a half finished game. BF4 without the DLC was poor, and Star wars Battlefront is just a joke. I bought premium on BF3 because it was worth it yes. Don't have a problem paying but I expect the vanilla game to be good, like BF3 was.
Cavs looking filthy now @bammy jastard 27 @Kim-Jong-Illest. 4th quarter today was like a Ferguson 1-0 win.
Not sure about the BBCs headline 'Sadiq Khan is londons first Muslim mayor'

I mean, its true.. but it just feels a little out of place to me.

If it was the first prime minister, or another huge long-standing job, then sure I think it would be warranted to make a big deal out of him being the first Muslim.

But we have only had 2 London mayors. Khan is the 3rd. Its not like there has been centuries of white men being the mayor, and then finally we get someone new. there have only been 3. 1/3rd of our London mayors now were Muslims, etc.

its like, if Leicester won the premier league, but it was only the 3rd ever season of football.. then it would not be considered a big deal. Because well, there were only 2 champions before, and there is not a trend to break down, with only 3 seasons, as far as we know Leicester winning is the norm.

It just strikes me as people trying to reach for a huge deal, when actually its kind of not.. Feels like newspapers want that 'first black president' 'first woman prime minister' headline, so badly, that they will just ignore that its not currently a huge departure from the existing norm,, as the existing norm is tiny.

I am really glad that he won, as goldsmith ran a horrible campaign, and really showed his true colors behind his previously managed appearance.. but he should be celebrated for his politics and policies, rather then the headlines focusing on his religion. Its almost as bad as the tory campaign which focused on his religion..
Original post by fallen_acorns
x

I guess it goes much deeper than the actual office of mayor. London being the, cultural, political and economic center of the UK, the election holds alot of significance in a sense. There has obviously been a rise of "islamophobia" within Europe and the UK, to what degree I'm not sure but maybe his election to such an important post shows that people see past the ignorance that surrounds muslims.

Then again what chance did Goldsmith actually stand running the way he did in a place like London? It's no surprise SJW and leftist institutions like the BBC and guardian are making a big deal out of this. You could argue being an ethic minority muslim probably worked in his favour. London is a bubble i guess

As for Khan himself, he seems like an alright fellow, with stable policies. Type of guy with left center ideals Labour need to promote.
Original post by SA-1
There are so many things wrong here.

1. You called Fifa ****
2. You said awesome
3. See points 1 & 2

Do you want to meet at Hyde Park and we can have a 1 on 1?

Dunno mate ain't played them. It does look ****ing good though. Out after my last exam too so life's gonna be sexy

You finish in the next week? You lucky bastard
Original post by sevchenko
I guess it goes much deeper than the actual office of mayor. London being the, cultural, political and economic center of the UK, the election holds alot of significance in a sense. There has obviously been a rise of "islamophobia" within Europe and the UK, to what degree I'm not sure but maybe his election to such an important post shows that people see past the ignorance that surrounds muslims.

Then again what chance did Goldsmith actually stand running the way he did in a place like London? It's no surprise SJW and leftist institutions like the BBC and guardian are making a big deal out of this. You could argue being an ethic minority muslim probably worked in his favour. London is a bubble i guess

As for Khan himself, he seems like an alright fellow, with stable policies. Type of guy with left center ideals Labour need to promote.

Agree with your point about it being more important in a wider sense, then specifically about mayor.

+ I also like Khan, which is why it annoys me to see his victory being almost eclipsed by mentions of his race. He won because he was easily the best candidate for the job, and ran the best campaign. That should be highlighted first, along with his ideas/plans for london. It just feels a bit wierd to me.. the BBC etc, spent the whole campaign critisising goldsmith for constantly putting the focus on khans religion.. and then they go and do exactly the same when he wins.

I do fear islamaphobia will continue to grow in the Uk and all of europe. We need more people like khan etc, in the public eye giving a good representation to the religion, otherwise the news just gets drowned out with all the negative sides. And although they exist, and should be tackled + dealt with with all our might, For people like my family in england, who never see an islamic person in daily life, and live in an area that has no mosque, no community etc - its important for them to see a good representation of islam on the news, as well as the bad, when it happens.
The good thing about Khan being Mayor is how much it has annoyed all the Britain First idiots
Original post by sevchenko

Have met Sadiq several times, he is an alright fellow x
Reply 3092
Original post by The Wavefunction
You finish in the next week? You lucky bastard

One more year left after this.

I just didn't show up to any lecture this year, because work is too much. So the one day you have off, you want it all to yourself..

Major mistake tbh, cos the past month has been so torturous :lol:

When you done?
Original post by SA-1

I just didn't show up to any lecture this year, because work is too much.

Man thinks he's Mike Ross smh
So glad that posh ****** Zac didn't get in. Really hope the Tories don't win the next GE, and the fearmongering and attacks on Corbyn/Khan by the media have been pathetic. Government have had so many u-turns in the last few months, dodgy stuff revealed about their past and where their money has come from - On the one hand I want out of Europe, but don't want to end up in a country governed exclusively by the Tories.
Original post by SA-1
One more year left after this.

I just didn't show up to any lecture this year, because work is too much. So the one day you have off, you want it all to yourself..

Major mistake tbh, cos the past month has been so torturous :lol:

When you done?

Finish my second year June 3rd and then 2 more years after yet to get my MChem
Reply 3096
Original post by The Wavefunction
Finish my second year June 3rd and then 2 more years after yet to get my MChem

That's not even far away, time flies when you got deadlines and you're ****ed :lol:
Reply 3097
@BubbleBoobies, thoughts on Sadiq Khan?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
@BubbleBoobies, thoughts on Sadiq Khan?

he's the poster boy for the failed left wing metropolian multicultural movement
Reply 3099
Original post by BubbleBoobies
he's the poster boy for the failed left wing metropolian multicultural movement

You don't seem to happy about him being elected, why?

Latest