Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    No, if I'm honest. Was only 5 when it happened. Would still be funny seeing it being put on the big screens though.
    Dw we all lie about how far back we can remember football. Zurich remembers Euro 96 vividly despite being 4 at the time, and Mackay remembers early 90s football well despite being 1-6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel No Ways)
    Dw we all lie about how far back we can remember football. Zurich remembers Euro 96 vividly despite being 4 at the time, and Mackay remembers early 90s football well despite being 1-6.
    I remember our 04-05 season ending with Istanbul when I was 11, but I don't really remember anything earlier than that. The memory is probably enhanced due of its significance though.
    I doubt I'd normally be able to remember something that early.

ReputationRep:
    I can remember some of the '02 World Cup, I was 6 at the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I can remember some of the '02 World Cup, I was 6 at the time
    Oooooh yeah, I remember whichever competition had France vs England where Zidane rekt us.

Was that Euro 2004 when Greece trolled the entire continent?

ReputationRep:
    Euro 1996 - I have vague memories of. Cant remember a single game, but I remember that back then as a little boy me and my friends used to walk to primary school trying to remember all the england player names

World cup 2002 - Dont remember any football specifics, just that we missed a class in primary school and all sat around the TV watching a game (dont remember which, probably the last one we did)

Euro 2004 - my dad made me watch the final (really wasnt into football at this point) because he was busy working, and call him when a team scored.. He was really surprised that greece won, I didnt understand why..

WC 2006 - Watched whilst doing my homework, only half paying attention.

After that I have a pretty good memory of everything as I started to get properly into football.

ReputationRep:
    There wasn't a world cup in 2000. ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    That West Ham leaving Upton Park thing dragged on, God forbid Liverpool ever decide to move
    Loved how out of all their ex players still alive '66 included - they chose to interview Carlton Cole. They were acting as if they were leaving somewhere like the San-Siro, not a shithole in east London.

ReputationRep:
    Haha rumbled

I remember WC2002, Euro 04 was the first tournament I properly followed - Zidane's bald head ruined my birthday the nonce
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    I remember WC2002 well. No real memories before that of football

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone remembers missing class to watch England vs Brazil.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Everyone remembers missing class to watch England vs Brazil.
    Yeah man. Whole class was silent when Ronnie lobbed Seamen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Yeah man. Whole class was silent when Ronnie lobbed Seamen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was the only person in the class supporting Brazil. Ronaldo was my don at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel No Ways)
    There wasn't a world cup in 2000. ^

ReputationRep:
    Earliest football memory is Teddy Sheringham banging them in for joke for United

ReputationRep:
    Whats the rules on tagging @Mad Vlad these days?

ReputationRep:
    Car insurance is such a scam :mad:

It was the other person's fault - her insurance won't talk to me and will only talk to my insurance company and my insurance company refuse to deal with any claim against her insurance and will only help if I claim on my insurance.

WTF?!

ReputationRep:
    I think the first match i remember vividly is the 1996/97 season as I went to go and see my first live matches at Filbert Street around then. Have a vague memory about euro 1996, but I sure that is mainly due to friends talking about it and trying to name as many England players as I could.
    However, the 1998 World cup I can remember everything and was probably the first full tournament I can recall fully, I would have been 6-7 and that time and had a full world cup poster so I can write down the score, next to a Pokemon one tbf, and had a Panini World cup sticker book that I got halfway through. I also had the World cup 98 game on N64 at the time. Great times, :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Euro 1996 - I have vague memories of. Cant remember a single game, but I remember that back then as a little boy me and my friends used to walk to primary school trying to remember all the england player names

World cup 2002 - Dont remember any football specifics, just that we missed a class in primary school and all sat around the TV watching a game (dont remember which, probably the last one we did)

Euro 2004 - my dad made me watch the final (really wasnt into football at this point) because he was busy working, and call him when a team scored.. He was really surprised that greece won, I didnt understand why..

WC 2006 - Watched whilst doing my homework, only half paying attention.

After that I have a pretty good memory of everything as I started to get properly into football.
    Smh, 2006 is the best World Cup I've been alive for

ReputationRep:
    Imagine firing shots at a guy like Zayn when he's a 10/10 with a 9/10 GF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Car insurance is such a scam :mad:

It was the other person's fault - her insurance won't talk to me and will only talk to my insurance company and my insurance company refuse to deal with any claim against her insurance and will only help if I claim on my insurance.

WTF?!
    Was she white?

I speak for all white people when I say we're generally bad people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.