The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Just thought about something, in football, who are better in general, black or white players?

I'd argue other than the full on anomalies that are Messi and C.Ronaldo(where Neymar arguably has the potential to be that level and people argue that Pele is the greatest ever), it is quite equal? Especially when you consider Neymar/Ronaldinho/L.Ronaldo while whites have players like Zidane/Iniesta/Suarez(although his grandfather is black and one drop rule init).

Heck only at GK can I say that white people really have an advantage over black people. There are not many world class black goalkeepers which to this day baffles me, think they all just go and play basketball instead.

Yeah but do you even basketball?
Whites are only better than blacks in a lot of sports because of accessibility from a young age. The Williams sisters are a testament to that.

That's not to say that white people are bad at these sports. I think there's a clear genetic advantage in track and field for black people, sports that are reliant on mental ability as well as physical ability there is a more level playing field(Football in particular)

Whites and it's not even close. If you adjust for population size then you'd have a point
Thoughts on what happened on Twitter between Azealia Banks and Zayn in 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Strong white bias

Also lold at lack of Zayn

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's there m8 about 15th
Original post by difeo
He's there m8 about 15th

Fuark just noticed

Lold at Ashton being above him!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3445
Original post by difeo
Whites and it's not even close. If you adjust for population size then you'd have a point

I guess that's a point. I think you have a lot of top quality black players though. Most of the countries who are actually good(or bother about football) are white dominated. The countries like England from the 80s onwards/France/Brazil/Holland who have a large amount of black players and black people in the country/squad you see it's more even.

If we were to do an all black XI vs an all white XI, I guess whites would win(simply because Messi+Ronaldo and they actually have good GKs, you're left with Mandanda, Higuita and David ****ing James) but it's even in most of the other positions.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
If you look at the greatest players in history, there are more white players. The greatest black players are all Brazilian and Eusebio.
But that's the thing, south america and Western europe dominate where for a lot of those countries, there are low amounts of black people in the population.Really in history South America probably have the most best players so that's not really a surprise most of the great black players are brazillian anyway as they're one the best national sides(if not the best) over history.Plus if we are to go by world cup winners, countries with large amounts of black players in the squad at the time(France/Brazil) have 6 world cups while teams with high amount of white players in the squad have 14. There's not enough quality sides with black players(unless England actually stop under performing in international level for once) so I think.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thoughts on what happened on Twitter between Azealia Banks and Zayn in 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are just the worst type of person
Fuark just noticed

Lold at Ashton being above him!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

strong fan

rate
x

Difeo made a good point. Also, how are you just ignoring the likes or Maradona in your posts lol
Original post by difeo
strong fan

rate

6 at best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3450
Difeo made a good point. Also, how are you just ignoring the likes or Maradona in your posts lol

Yeah I forgot. Maybe I think my point was on sheer quality who would be best? I think because of Messi and Ronaldo it would be whites, but it's even in most positions other than GK.

Either way my main point was that in general black people are as good(if not better) than white people in physical sports, most of the discrepancies in the sports are due to accessibility.
(edited 7 years ago)
I guess that's a point. I think you have a lot of top quality black players though. Most of the countries who are actually good(or bother about football) are white dominated. The countries like England from the 80s onwards/France/Brazil/Holland who have a large amount of black players and black people in the country/squad you see it's more even.

If we were to do an all black XI vs an all white XI, I guess whites would win(simply because Messi+Ronaldo and they actually have good GKs, you're left with Mandanda, Higuita and David ****ing James) but it's even in most of the other positions.

CB isn't close, the top few is basically Italians and Beckenbaeur. Full back is probably closest, with a choice from Evra, Cole, Alves, Cafu, Carlos, Thuram, and midfield to an extent with Ronaldinho, Makelele, Seedorf, Vieira, and some Brazilians from Pele's era
Original post by difeo
CB isn't close, the top few is basically Italians and Beckenbaeur. Full back is probably closest, with a choice from Evra, Cole, Alves, Cafu, Carlos, Thuram, and midfield to an extent with Ronaldinho, Makelele, Seedorf, Vieira, and some Brazilians from Pele's era

Oh difs
Oh difs

what's up buddy
Reply 3454
Original post by difeo

I think attack it's most likely white people cos of Messi + C.Ronaldo, although you'd argue best natural striker is Brazillian Ronaldo or Pele. Neymar you'd have to see how he develops at Barcelona, but could be potentially put in C.Ronaldo category.

Also Desailly for Midfield too.

Regardless white people win. Was just interested in the debate tbh.
I think attack it's most likely white people cos of Messi + C.Ronaldo, although you'd argue best natural striker is Brazillian Ronaldo or Pele. Neymar you'd have to see how he develops at Barcelona, but could be potentially put in C.Ronaldo category.

Also Desailly for Midfield too.

Regardless white people win. Was just interested in the debate tbh.

We're just happy we didn't get into an essay writing contest with you
Jam is that guy who always asked for extra paper in the exam.
Original post by zKlown

That guy who writes 23 pages but sill gets a C
Reply 3458
Original post by zKlown

I was the guy who had big ass handwriting and still managed to write less than half the class.

Original post by Lúcio
That guy who writes 23 pages but sill gets a C

Loool i never asked for extra paper. I hate writing with a passion.
Reply 3459
We're just happy we didn't get into an essay writing contest with you

Yeah you lot are boring as ****. I'd just post pictures of zayn Malik instead and overuse memes and catchphrases
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest