Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Thoughts on 50 cent selling more albums between 2004-2005 than Jay-Z did from 1996 - 2011 ?
    Means **** all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Better on the commercial side but his albums don't match Nas's.
    Therefore he isn't the better artist.

Also, isn't a great artist one who inspires and transcends those around him?

ReputationRep:
    To get into Stanford part of the application process is to answer the question: 'What matters the most?'

How would you answer this SA-1 Zayn is Bae sr90 Anon_98 Dirtybit

Philosophy pls

Hm.

Time.

Without it most of us wouldn't be able to function since we'd have no sense of our surroundings.

There's nowhere near enough of it which means we should use it wisely. Whether we actually do this, despite being aware of it.. is something else.

Time is like a possession.. a property and there are many people who preach about how we shouldn't be reckless with money, use it wisely and not be foolish, yet they proceed to commit the same mindless actions with time. Waste it. Without a care in the world. - Until it's gone, that is. Why do we only wish we spent our time better after its gone. But then why do we also not learn from it. I mean, we even refer to it as "spending". Surely that means it's already considered to be of a certain importance that has a definite value.

Time isnt infinite. It comes, it goes and one day it will be gone forever. This fact makes me feel like it should be worth more than the status its currently giving in today's society. Everything that you are able to accomplish within your day to day life happens as a result of time and that's why I think it's important. Your memories are created within the time that is supplied to you. Your achievements, the same. Without the time to do it, you wouldn't have them.

Time makes your life. Time is your life and I suppose if you consider your life to be important then time is of even greater importance bc quite evidently without it you wouldn't really have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Hm.

Time.

Without it most of us wouldn't be able to function since we'd have no sense of our surroundings.

There's nowhere near enough of it which means we should use it wisely. Whether we actually do this, despite being aware of it.. is something else.

Time is like a possession.. a property and there are many people who preach about how we shouldn't be reckless with money, use it wisely and not be foolish, yet they proceed to commit the same mindless actions with time. Waste it. Without a care in the world. - Until it's gone, that is. Why do we only wish we spent our time better after its gone. But then why do we also not learn from it. I mean, we even refer to it as "spending". Surely that means it's already considered to be of a certain importance that has a definite value.

Time isnt infinite. It comes, it goes and one day it will be gone forever. This fact makes me feel like it should be worth more than the status its currently giving in today's society. Everything that you are able to accomplish within your day to day life happens as a result of time and that's why I think it's important. Your memories are created within the time that is supplied to you. Your achievements, the same. Without the time to do it, you wouldn't have them.

Time makes your life. Time is your life and I suppose if you consider your life to be important then time is of even greater importance bc quite evidently without it you wouldn't really have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thoughts on the Kanye vs Jay vs Nas vs 50 vs Taylor debate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Certain someone was a major influence on him

ReputationRep:
    Means **** all.
    Thoughts on Jay-Z being so intimidated by 50 Cent's success, he told his entire label to shelf their work and went and retired himself.

ReputationRep:
    Hm.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Anon98 going to Wall St confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Nas is the better rapper, Jay-Z is the better artist.
    All Nas did was give Jay-Z a style to run with

ReputationRep:
    50 Cent is a good artist, he was helped by excellent production but so are the best rappers so...

Kanye West could have left such a legacy in hip-hop but ruined it after graduation IMO. Similar to Eminem post Eminem Show.

Hm.

Time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're defining time as human commodity rather than a dimension.

Time is infinite.

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    All Nas did was give Jay-Z a style to run with
    Ether quotes are boring.

ReputationRep:
    WrestleMania 28 was lit af

ReputationRep:

You're defining time as human commodity rather than a dimension.

Time is infinite.

Time is a human commodity.

Think you're confusing time with space-time.

ReputationRep:
    Jam stunts on girls by buying boxes of 4 chicken McNuggets because everyone knows pound for pound it's some of the most expensive fried chicken in the world.

trapking pls confirm
    i died at this lol

Cc

ReputationRep:
    PSG are absolutely tinpot. Stopping a game for a guy who's been there for 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    Certain someone was a major influence on him
    Dunno if you're talking about Jay or Nas, but Kanye and Just Blaze made Jay's best album, and Nas didn't do anything special for Kanye lol, just general service to rap with Illmatic.

Usual washed up gas about Nas from a 12 year old

ReputationRep:
    Not really a great diss track really, doesn't really cut deep, it's just full of playground disses and play on words.
    Name one which shook the world more?

He called Jay-Z out on being a phoney; on being obsessed with Nas; on Eminem murdering him; on both Jigga's superiority complex and inferiority complex; on trying to be the new BIG; on leeching off famous friends; on Nas not bothering to record for Jay's album; on the fact that he got called ugly by girls as a kid, leading to lower self esteem and being 'only concerned with dissing women'; about lying about jail; and about doing tae bo ffs.

The last verse on Ether is pure murder of Jay Z's life and Nas does it all while proving that he's funny, a better rapper, and real as ****.

There aint **** as good as Ether

ReputationRep:
    Gay Z

ReputationRep:
    Cockafella records

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463266346.948039.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  91.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    PSG are absolutely tinpot. Stopping a game for a guy who's been there for 4 years.
    Zlatan is God.

ReputationRep:
    Jam confirmed
    Na that's wet as **** I used to take out fivers when I was at uni.

#no****sgiven.

That's assuming I'm balling enough anyway to take $30 from the bank. If I was balling and on a 30k+ salary I wouldn't be making posts on this site...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.