Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    It's based on what I saw vs Whyte, AJ can be got at. He's yet to face a HW with the speed, power and experience of Haye, I think Haye's attributes would disrupt AJ more so than Fury ever could or will able to.

I don't think he's progressed much as a boxer since the Whyte fight either, the likes of Martin and especially Breazeale are just fights so he can establish a commercial presence in the US.They hardly were credible tests for AJ.

Yeah maybe I'm overrating Haye a little, we'll see where he's at after the Briggs fight and maybe someone more credible but I've like what i've seen from him so far even though he's been up against bums. He looked sharp, hungry and mentally refreshed, his boxing looks good too.

A fight between AJ and Haye isn't a clear victory for AJ imo
    The Martin fight was literally the mandatory opponent to get the WBC belt, and the fight was a much bigger deal in the UK than the US, how on earth is that establishing a commercial prescence in the states?

How could he not have progressed as a fighter since the Whyte fight when he's been in the ring a total of 2 rounds since? ffs you sound so casual rn. Fury's an entertaining personality but an incredibly boring fighter, he's like a far less arrogant version of Mayweather - which tbf when you're going for championships its fair enough to go defensive/technical but it's a lot more boring watching that for ten rounds than someone knocking opponents out in less than 3 or 4.

If Fury v Joshua was to happen tomorrow Fury would win, and if they are going to fight then it'll have to be soon from Tyson's perspective because Joshua in 12 months or so will be completely different to now. Whyte was the only one's who's asked him questions, but still lost 5 of the 6 rounds they fought, had a great chin and still got knocked out, at the time neither were world level fighters. Haye may have taken it easy last night (very easy) but that was a complete pisstake of a fight (card even) and a complete scam, he's hoping his popularity and the fact he's known amongst the general public will convince him v Joshua to go on PPV so he can rake in the £££'s, probably before he pussies out again.

He was a top top fighter and a worthy world champion, but won't be one again and is only doing it cos he needs the money and Strictly Comes
    Dancing doesn't pay enough - it's embarrassing that he thinks he deserves a world title shot after knocking out a pub fighter. That said Briggs v Haye will be hilarious in the build-up and has the potential to be a galling and entertaining fight - "LETS GO CHAMP! I TOLD YOU CHAMP, EVERYWHERE YOU GO, I GO!"

I'm hoping Brezeale won't clearly pussy out like Martin did, have to wonder why though if he's a world champion and he froze up against a switched on Joshua. Joshua said the Whyte fight was personal and so he lacked focus/concentration and became more of a brawl - Martin he was focused on what he had to do. Brezeale's roughly got the same height/build as Joshua, so will be interesting to see how he copes - expect another early knock out though tbh

ReputationRep:
    Joshua won't be Fury.
    Tactically superior and will just outbox him.

Want to see Wilder up against these guys. Admittedly hasn't fought the top fighters but guy's power cannot be questioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Joshua won't be Fury.

Want to see Wilder up against these guys. Admittedly hasn't fought the top fighters but guy's power cannot be questioned.
    be

ReputationRep:
    Joshua won't be Fury.

be

Joshua v Wilder in two years time would be a top fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    x
    If trapking was a drink, he'd be:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  6.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Joshua won't be Fury.

Joshua won't be Fury

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do Macs ever actually 'break'?

Mines 4 years old now and still functions as brand new.

I've had windows laptops that run so slow after 6 months, and break within 2 years. Last piece of crap I had broke within a year.

ReputationRep:
    Wilder would be a good match up for AJ

Dillian Whyte can beat AJ the second time round, he's the only one that's come so close so far and actually put up a decent fight.

Martin was an embarassment... no idea how he was even undefeated. The guy literally looked like he was just given boxing gloves for christmas and his fitness levels were so poor smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    If trapking was a drink, he'd be:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  6.3 KB
    is that a good beverage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    do Macs ever actually 'break'?

Mines 4 years old now and still functions as brand new.

I've had windows laptops that run so slow after 6 months, and break within 2 years. Last piece of crap I had broke within a year.
    How have you broke a laptop in two years? My one is nearly 5 years old now, works fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    The Martin fight was literally the mandatory opponent to get the WBC belt, and the fight was a much bigger deal in the UK than the US, how on earth is that establishing a commercial prescence in the states?

How could he not have progressed as a fighter since the Whyte fight when he's been in the ring a total of 2 rounds since? ffs you sound so casual rn. Fury's an entertaining personality but an incredibly boring fighter, he's like a far less arrogant version of Mayweather - which tbf when you're going for championships its fair enough to go defensive/technical but it's a lot more boring watching that for ten rounds than someone knocking opponents out in less than 3 or 4.
    That whole IBF belt situation fell into Hearn's lap like milk and honey from heavens, I swear that man was born lucky. The belt even wouldn't have been up for grabs if Fury hadn't agreed to a rematch clause. Hearn plan was always to establish AJ in the US, he killed two birds with one stone with beating Martin and gaining a world title at the same time whilst boosting AJ profile in the US.

He's talked recently about tv deal with showtime for AJ's fights, this wouldn't be able to happen without the martin victory or world title.

He hasn't progressed because he's been fighting nobodies, you're not going to learn anything from the likes of Martin and Breazeale. He's need to fight someone credible who can take him a few rounds and give him a half way decent test. Maybe Wilder but as right now he lacks the experience to deal with Haye

Heck Whyte rematch would probably be more valuable experience at this point in time.

ReputationRep:
    Hold the door

Probably the best episode of the season so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Hold the door

Probably the best episode of the season so far.
    If you haven't watched the latest GOT episode don't open this.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Does hodor die? They didn't make it clear

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't tell to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    I couldn't tell to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reported

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    If you haven't watched the latest GOT episode don't open this.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Does hodor die? They didn't make it clear

Spoiler:
    Show
    Pretty sure he does die, there's no chance in hell he can run after that. It'd be a waste of the ending music and scene tbh if they just bring him back next episode, so I hope they don't.

ReputationRep:
    Reported
    :rofl:

Thoughts on 18 in 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thoughts on 18 in 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Thoughts on 18 in 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by swirly)
    1/2

ReputationRep:
    1/2
    You think you're pretty sleek like Krept and Konan but really you're like Milli Vanilli

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.