Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Oh maybe I'll stay here for a little. Lol if Bojo is prime minister and Trump is president though. May be reconsidering going to Australia or Canada.

You're not panicked because you're busy with your business in China ffs none of this affects you.

Yeah that's a scary thought too. Canada is going to get a whole lot stronger in the next few years.

I'm so ****ing done.
    canada or austrialia is a good choice.. always considering australia or new zealand for myself. But I just cant quite commit to raising a family away from my parents in england. Sure I could live there for a few years, like china.. but I can escape england for good.

+ this referendum does effect me.. My yearly sallery has just gone up by around a decent amount and my savings have added nearly 15% thanks to the devaluation of the pound

Joking aside, my whole family is in england, and I plan on moving back, buying a house and starting a family there in less then a year.. so I am really concerned about all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Clearly Arsenal fans voted leave.
    They have experience of crashing out of Europe tbf

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell.. there is already a petition to have another vote.

At least wait a week or so.

That said, I remember this same thing happening after the last election, that straight away the left had gone to their online battlements, demanding another election and claiming the last one was undemocratic.

Its always undemocratic when you dont get the result you want.. isnt it.

I am not entirely happy with the result either, nor are many people.. but you dont have to be a twit and demand something happens again, just because you dont like it.

----

Pettition asks for a new referendum that requires: 60% of the vote minimum, to leave. and 75% turnout.

So right.. they want the highest turnout we have seen in a long long time, beating yesterdays turnout, which was a recent record.

And they want a rigged vote, where leave needs 60+% to win, but stay only needs 40+% to win.

----

People need to remember the traditional british way. You loose, suck it up, stiff upper lip, and move on (if your middle/upper class - trash a football stadium, if lower class)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    They have experience of crashing out of Europe tbf
    lol.

That, and the ozil vote picture on the previous pages, killed me.

ReputationRep:
    ***** pls, i'm literally at work rn
    Same, I'm currently on an emergency LBG conference call

Damn...

ReputationRep:
    Fear of Eurosceptic contagion in Brussels
    Katya Adler
    Europe Editor
    Posted at
    10:04
    Europe's leaders in Brussels are absolutely aghast at the vote.

Europe was already weakened by the migrant crisis, the economic crisis and with a strong Russia next door. Now, hundreds of thousands of families across the EU are worrying about a Euro which had been recovering.

I've been covering Europe for many years and have never seen such a Eurosceptic atmosphere, with the rise of nationalistic and Eurosceptic party leaders.

There's definitely a hardening of hearts in Brussels. There are suggestions the British commissioner might like to leave his job - but it is less about vindictiveness and more about a fear of contagion.

Any deal reached with Britain can't be easy, so that everyone else doesn't follow suit.

---------------

I think the bit in bold is what I worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Same, I'm currently on an emergency LBG conference call

Damn...
    On an emergency conference call.

Posting on TSR

You keep doing you Luke

ReputationRep:
    On an emergency conference call.

Posting on TSR

You keep doing you Luke
    Listening to phone in one hand
    Posting on TSR with the other

Umad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Listening to phone in one hand
    Posting on TSR with the other

Umad
    Is your suit sharp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

Any deal reached with Britain can't be easy, so that everyone else doesn't follow suit.

---------------

I think the bit in bold is what I worry about.
    Awful result for european leaders.. they are in a complete loose-loose situation now.

Play hard with england? Risk damage to their economy..
    Play nice with england? Risk other countries leaving..

I personally expect them to come out very hard on us in the short term, to send a message.. but then behind the scenes actually slowly make the deals they need to to keep their economies floating.

ReputationRep:
    Is your suit sharp?
    Today is dress down day pal x

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that its being said postal votes won it.

Apparently Remain actually won on the day.. but was swayed by a huge number of Leave postal votes.

Makes sense really:

- A lot of elderly people postal vote, who are more likely to vote Leave
    - A lot of people postal voted weeks ago, back when Remain was struggling, and Leave was shooting ahead in the polls, and performing very well in public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Awful result for european leaders.. they are in a complete loose-loose situation now.

Play hard with england? Risk damage to their economy..
    Play nice with england? Risk other countries leaving..

I personally expect them to come out very hard on us in the short term, to send a message.. but then behind the scenes actually slowly make the deals they need to to keep their economies floating.
    Are you absolutely certain about that? What do the ancient Chinese proverbs say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Today is dress down day pal x
    Do rentboys ever dress up?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that its being said postal votes won it.

Apparently Remain actually won on the day.. but was swayed by a huge number of Leave postal votes.

Makes sense really:

- A lot of elderly people postal vote, who are more likely to vote Leave
    - A lot of people postal voted weeks ago, back when Remain was struggling, and Leave was shooting ahead in the polls, and performing very well in public.
    Apparently Norfolk, or some area nearby, had a 100% turnout.

ReputationRep:
    Are you absolutely certain about that? What do the ancient Chinese proverbs say?
    Flow like a leaf on a stream
    Fly like a kite in the wind
    See like a lion sees an antelope
    Rise like the morning sun
    Abuse like Chelsea fans towards black people

ReputationRep:
    Flow like a leaf on a stream
    Fly like a kite in the wind
    See like a lion sees an antelope
    Rise like the morning sun
    Abuse like Chelsea fans towards black people
    Anything about landslides?

ReputationRep:
    Do rentboys ever dress up?
    I dunno, do you?

ReputationRep:
    Anything about landslides?
    Will talk with my local tribal leader and get back to you on that.. May take a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I dunno, do you?

Will talk with my local tribal leader and get back to you on that.. May take a while
    But you seemed so certain yesterday.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.