The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville

But you seemed so certain yesterday.

We have all had our bad predictions..

Mine are just epicly bad on a new scale.

**** making a wrong prediction about bloody newcastle vs somethingland

all about maiking a bad prediction about the fate of the whole country
Original post by fallen_acorns
We have all had our bad predictions..

Mine are just epicly bad on a new scale.

**** making a wrong prediction about bloody newcastle vs somethingland

all about maiking a bad prediction about the fate of the whole country

I won't let you forget it, but did you vote yourself? Postal vote?
It's amazing how much people hate democracy. Been already invited to sign a petition and joint a protest for #bremain. And I'm going to be a **** for not taking part it. It sucks but it's democracy.
Original post by atom y humber
It's amazing how much people hate democracy. Been already invited to sign a petition and joint a protest for #bremain. And I'm going to be a **** for not taking part it. It sucks but it's democracy.

The irony that people want an undemocratic referendum to fix a democratic referendum that they don't consider to be a democratic referendum because the democratic referendum didn't go the way they wanted it to. Democratic. @opta @Mad Vlad
I won't let you forget it, but did you vote yourself? Postal vote?

Vote by proxy...

Member of my family voted on my behalf, - who knows how they actually voted though..
Original post by atom y humber

Tbh democracy is just touted to make the average person feel like they have some control over the bigger issues in their life. Getting 30-60% of people to vote once every 5 years for a limited pool of people (the bigger parties control which people get the visibility these days) isn't really a true democracy - especially in a technology age where actually we could have everyone vote on every issue electronically.
Corbyn on his way out..

Thing is I actually think its a really good thing for the country that he leaves.

My rational is:

There has been rumours that a new tory leader may want to call a new general election quickly, to ligitimise their claim, and extend the conservative goverment.. after such a dramatic referendum, it would be perfectly justfied in doing so.. One of their big reasons was that they felt they could destroy corbyn in an election.. which is not to far off a safe bet.

With corbyn leaving though, a new potential labour leader makes a general election a much more risky call for a new tory leader...
Can't see Corbyn going tbh, not so soon after anyway.

I got a warning for calling people who wanted a second referendum morons.
Reply 5888
Shoutout to old people destroying the future for young people.
Original post by Rk2k14
Shoutout to old people destroying the future for young people.

Top banter
Original post by Zerforax

Any deal reached with Britain can't be easy, so that everyone else doesn't follow suit.

---------------

I think the bit in bold is what I worry about.
Its pathetic though isn't it? The attitude that Europe cannot possibly allow another model to succeed for fear of other realising an alternative may be preferable. Isn't that the exact view of Europe that Farage is pushing? An entity so undemocratic and self preserving that it will seek to preserve itself at the expense of the improvement of Europe. At a time where the continent is economically stagnating and facing military threats in the East and via terrorism domestically, Europe is going to turn its back on the 6th largest economy, one of the biggest military powers in the region and one of the most advances intelligence structures in the world. All to make a point.

I don't really see why Remain supports are so worried anything. Surely without the UK dragging its heels the EU is going to glide towards its envisioned future and we can just re-join (minus all our opt outs) in 10-15 years anyway.
Just got back from the winchester, what happened?
Reply 5892

Take with a pinch of salt.
(edited 7 years ago)
^Only in Britain
Largest depreciation of any currency ever? Somehow doubt that claim without even checking it. War's, coups, massive natural disasters, all less significant than a EU exit?

Also reading a lot about the FTSE's performance but seemingly no mention of the DAX or CAC...
Reply 5895
Apparently people are signing up up to a petition to become individual members of the EU.

@Fizzel Should be stating that the pound fell to its lowest value in 31years.

Yeah, apparently £120billion has been wiped off.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5896
Surely the euro will weaken too with Britain exiting the EU?
Reply 5897
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Surely the euro will weaken too with Britain exiting the EU?

The Euro will take a hit, but with the mass number of people buying Euros due to the uncertainty and those going on holiday means it won't be as significant.
Original post by sevchenko
Just got back from the winchester, what happened?

Spurs finished 3rd in a two-horse race.
Reply 5899
The whole of facebook is in meltdown mode.
Spurs finished 3rd in a two-horse race.

:rofl: I can't take this

Latest