The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
My current job I'm loving it, I get a decent salary(salary above my age in k's) yet I'm not talking about it non stop.

It's just not something that really needs to be done, especially on a student forum.

nah, circumstances are different between jobs/posters.

Back when I had my first jobs after graduation I never really mentioned them.. because they were just jobs, nothing extra just a job.

It changes when the job becomes a bigger part of your life. If you look at the posters who post most about their jobs, its those whose jobs occupy their lives, rather then just being a small part of it.

For me, my work means i have to live in another country.. making it 100% of my life right now.. when you live in another country, and your talking to people back in the UK its hard to not mention it all the time, as your lives are so different that anything mentioned draws comparisons.

Similar with Sentry - the army is a way of life, much more all inclusive then a normal job. Right now the army is his life.. so ofcourse that is what he will talk about most, when he talks about his life.

As for luke.. hes just baiting..
Reply 6641
Original post by difeo
x

Regarding your earlier question about should they be working or not:

In my opinion, probably not (in the majority of the cases) but because their disabilities aren't as visible, and they might present well.. The government will, in most cases, deem them fit to work. So their disability living allowance and other benefits will be cut which means they'll have to get a job to work

Tragic tbh, no?
Original post by SentryE3D
I'm of the opinion that the majority, but not all, that are regulars here are likely overweight, socially awkward and mentally and probably even physically weak.

Rich calling people socially awkward when most people in this thread find you awkward anyways. And again you've decided to fire shots at a group of anonymous people on an online forum. Please tell me more about how you're happy with yourself.
(edited 7 years ago)
**** its hot here.

30+ every bloody day.
also thanks for responses on showering.

Wife thinks is very normal that people only have showers before bed. Was trying to convince here that its a cultrual thing, and that in the west most people have showers in the morning as standard, and then any other times as extra (after gym etc, or bath to relax etc)

Every night, get into bed.. relaxing.. late at night after a long days work.. ready to sleep.. wife says 'can you take a shower?'
Reply 6645
I have strong reason to believe you're a compulsive ********ter to be honest. It's not really based on anything specific, I just think you lie all the time

tbh all I did was say I was off to the F1 for free cos of my job (gen admission is usually £200, and how many others can get it free?). People get angsty, probably because they can't do it. I'm of the opinion that the majority, but not all, that are regulars here are likely overweight, socially awkward and mentally and probably even physically weak.

Don't think a response like this from you was really required, but I apologise if what I said got to you. :smile:

With the overweight and physically weak stuff. Well I'm not. I can pull my weight up wide arm grip, can run 10k in around 45mins (consider that I do not train very regularly on cardio) and I play basketball regularly. I weigh 182lb so for my height that's not really overweight.

Original post by fallen_acorns
nah, circumstances are different between jobs/posters.

Back when I had my first jobs after graduation I never really mentioned them.. because they were just jobs, nothing extra just a job.

It changes when the job becomes a bigger part of your life. If you look at the posters who post most about their jobs, its those whose jobs occupy their lives, rather then just being a small part of it.

For me, my work means i have to live in another country.. making it 100% of my life right now.. when you live in another country, and your talking to people back in the UK its hard to not mention it all the time, as your lives are so different that anything mentioned draws comparisons.

Similar with Sentry - the army is a way of life, much more all inclusive then a normal job. Right now the army is his life.. so ofcourse that is what he will talk about most, when he talks about his life.

As for luke.. hes just baiting..

Thanks for having a more civilised discussion. I don't think you're insecure, you are trying to build your own business and I can fully understand why you would want to discuss it on a forum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

Reply 6647
People get angsty, probably because they can't do it. I'm of the opinion that the majority, but not all, that are regulars here are likely overweight, socially awkward and mentally and probably even physically weak.

"People get angry, probably because they can't do it" is probably based on the assumption that they want to do it, and can't. Even though I respect what you do, I wouldn't want to do it myself - not because I can't, because I genuinely don't want to. I think it's the case for a lot of the posters on here - so I wouldn't say their anger comes from being envious of you.

It's a bit strange that you think they're mad because they aren't physically able to do what you might do for a living.
I have strong reason to believe you're a compulsive ********ter to be honest. It's not really based on anything specific, I just think you lie all the time

strong
I've seen a pic of Tornado.

Not a looker tbh
Reply 6650
So essentially he's compensating
Massive fan of Tornado's ability to rustle
Reply 6652
Thoughts on getting BT sports?
Wimbledon commentator just went "that's Beyonce and her husband", lols
Original post by SA-1
Thoughts on getting BT sports?

**** that. Not like we're in the CL anyway is it!!!!

:frown:
Original post by Louis.
Massive fan of Tornado's ability to rustle

He gets X-Pac heat rather than anything else tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
totally starting to see what Wilf sees in Serena:colondollar:
^testosterone?
BT sport is worthwhile as a complimentary service with BT Broadband and that is about it.
Florence + The Machine is unreal. She has way more talent than Taylor Swift.
Thoughts on Drake?

@Rk2k14

Latest