Miscellaneous Thread V Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
Not to be too much of a party pooper but it wasn't that great a serve, wasn't wide or a proper body serve, Murray's return was okay. Was short well inside the base line, and Raonic's set up that he follow in was a weak shot well inside the base line and he's poorly positioned for Murray to pass. Basically just aside from the number 147mph it was a weak point from Raonic.
No I completely agree - the reason why Raonic wasn't dominant enough on his serve is because he lacks accuracy.

It's all well and good serving with ferocious speed but you're better off getting it in the corners, even if it's 30mph slower...

Raonic made a lot of silly errors and Federer would've been a much tougher match. That being said, Murray was in ridiculous form today and I don't think anybody would've beaten him.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
I've recently started eating spinach daily. Straight out the bag, like a bag of crisps.

Cc has improved bowel movements immensely.
It's all in your head
bj27
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
You would have been betting against almost all predictions by doing so. You're basically saying if I could predict unexpected events I could make a lot of money on the markets.
Well yeah if you put it that way you're correct. I was more saying how much money could have possibly been made.

We're acting like I have £1000 to casually put away in the Forex market
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Louis.)
Murray would have 10+ slams if he had the joke era opportunities that Federer had.
Nah, maybe 5-7. Deep down he's still a bottler. Only wins the finals where he's the much better player or when he's in much better form against another top player.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Nah, maybe 5-7. Deep down he's still a bottler. Only wins the finals where he's the much better player or when he's in much better form against another top player.
I think his issue is that he's good at everything but so is Djokovic, just to a slightly greater extent.
He doesn't have anything to his game that will throw his main rivals off balance; not a huge serve like Raonic for instance.

All this means is that when he comes up against Djokovic in the final, his only hope of winning is for him to have a great game and for Djokovic to have a poor one, so it can be really tough for him. He can beat pretty much any player lower than him but he just doesn't quite have that edge to his game to overcome the best.
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Kim-Jong-Illest Rk2k14 grime

thoughts on Nines.

Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So you're a bottler if you win when you've got a better skill level or are better form.

Ok them m8
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hewitt, Safin, OAP Agassi, Baghdatis, and Gonzalez from 04-07. Also Roddick on a hard court. Murray would have been the much better player in any of those matches. Obviously excluding Federer, Murray at this level would have been the standout player post Sampras and pre Nadal.

Not denying he loves a bottle but the standard he's up against has been unbelievable. If Djokovic wasn't Eastern European people would be calling him the GOAT.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
I think his issue is that he's good at everything but so is Djokovic, just to a slightly greater extent.
He doesn't have anything to his game that will throw his main rivals off balance; not a huge serve like Raonic for instance.

All this means is that when he comes up against Djokovic in the final, his only hope of winning is for him to have a great game and for Djokovic to have a poor one, so it can be really tough for him. He can beat pretty much any player lower than him but he just doesn't quite have that edge to his game to overcome the best.
The main difference between Djokovic and Murray is psychological

(Original post by Angry cucumber)
So you're a bottler if you win when you've got a better skill level or are better form.

Ok them m8
M8, I said much better
Last edited by Kenan and Kel; 2 years ago
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
Yeah Britain actually pressed the self destruct button. I should have just put a grand into dollars then. I'd have made 150 pounds in the space of 2 weeks.
I've got money invested in both a US Index and Emerging Markets tracker fund. Made me a LOT since the referendum.
Louis.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Opinions on Heather Watson plz
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
PM please or you'll have to card yourself

I don't even properly know how it works, care to explain?
It uses your camera/GPS on your phone and you have to move around/go to real life checkpoints (e.g bus stops, landmarks, even a few police stations) to get supplies. Some of the major landmarks are gyms too. It's pretty cool.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The Wavefunction)
I was talking about England, rather than Britain. And whilst I agree that England is small in size compared to the aforementioned nations, in terms of population and resources, it's very much on a level playing field.
And whilst I can't be arsed to not pick with the statements you've made, ie Murray is Scottish and Rusedski being Canadian, I'm not saying they haven't had success, but rather that they haven't had as much success as they should have, all things considered.
Imagine making this point as a fan of the Wales football team
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The main difference between Djokovic and Murray is psychological
If say Novak's offensive game and athletic qualities are very important too. Certainly in his ability to hold on, extend, and ultimately win games Murray would lose. The ability to ride the momentum and still be in physical shape come 4th or 5th set.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Wavefunction
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Imagine making this point as a fan of the Wales football team
Ah yes, that country with 20x less as many people and even less in terms of resources. That country that's won as many knockout games in the past fortnight as England have in 20 years lolololololololloolol
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
It uses your camera/GPS on your phone and you have to move around/go to real life checkpoints (e.g bus stops, landmarks, even a few police stations) to get supplies. Some of the major landmarks are gyms too. It's pretty cool.
I think it would be cool on a day off to just go out for a walk or something, although at the same time can you imagine how many incidents now are gonna be Pokemon Go related?

People arrested for trespassing claiming all they were doing was catching a Gengar
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The Wavefunction)
Ah yes, that country with 20x less as many people and even less in terms of resources. That country that's won as many knockout games in the past fortnight as England have in 20 years lolololololololloolol
Point is that if Rusedski is Canadian and not British, then it's not Wales who just reached the semi, it's Wales + England lol
Last edited by difeo; 2 years ago
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
I think it would be cool on a day off to just go out for a walk or something, although at the same time can you imagine how many incidents now are gonna be Pokemon Go related?

People arrested for trespassing claiming all they were doing was catching a Gengar
If man like Luke was a Pokemon trainer, he'd train a Caterpie - and find something statistically viable to suggest it's better than Charizard

The Wavefunction
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Point is that if Rusedski is Canadian and not British, then it's not Wales who just reached the semi, it's Wales + England lol
You've got me there lolsies
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
If man like Luke was a Pokemon trainer, he'd train a Caterpie - and find something statistically viable to suggest it's better than Charizard
Pokémon Go: armed robbers use game to lure players into trap :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...logy_b-gdntech

you remember the violence when pokemon cards were the big thing in 1999. I remember hearing that some kid got stabbed in end for his pokemon cards. Its happening all over again
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (667)
90.75%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (68)
9.25%

Watched Threads