The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pelle is 31 lol

China can't catch up to anyone in Europe for multiple reasons, but the simplest one is no CL football, which is the holy grail of the industry for all top players.
Any of you knowledgeable with investments/banking etc.

Separate to my question about currency..

Currently I have quite a large sum of money that is not my own sat in my bank account. Its been lent to me kindly be a rather rich Chinese relitive, and it needs to sit in my account for around a year without being touched. (this is because its a necessary requirement for my wife's english visa, to have this quantity of money in our account)

It seems a waste just leaving it in a low-interest current account though. So where is the best place to put money at the moment? It cant be anything with propper risk as its not my money.. but somewhere short-term and safe, that will lead to a better return then a standard current account.

I have looked at fixed savings accounts and they seem to come out at around 1.5-1.8% for a year..

Is it possible to do any better then that, without going into any risky investing?
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Pelle is 31 lol

China can't catch up to anyone in Europe for multiple reasons, but the simplest one is no CL football, which is the holy grail of the industry for all top players.

Did not realise he was that old..

Not saying it will catch up, but it also wont be a passive league like others, they will be tempting some players financially, and it will have an effect.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Did not realise he was that old..

Not saying it will catch up, but it also wont be a passive league like others, they will be tempting some players financially, and it will have an effect.

Wasn't aimed at you, more of a general comment. It's hard to say because other countries have tried it (Anzhi a few years back, Zenit pay big too) and they could offer CL football. As someone said above it's entirely dependent on how quickly homegrown players can progress there.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Personally I cant see the standard of homegrown players increasing any time soon.. china will take generations to progress on that front.

My comparison with the USA was more in terms of their league. I have heard many people say it will be like the US league, where they give high wages to older players, but cant lure any younger players over. China though is blowing this away with huge wages and very tempting offers for players that would normally not consider moving away from decent clubs. If they are willing to spend 260,000 a week on Pelle.. imagine what sort of cash they will start to spend if this mass of investment proves successful..

They will get the odd mercenary who wants the big money (see Texiera) but a lot of players also do it for the glory. They want the trophies. Does anyone care who wins some Chinese cup? Or do they want that European Champions League? You can't ignore the prestige factor which China can't buy.
Wasn't aimed at you, more of a general comment. It's hard to say because other countries have tried it (Anzhi a few years back, Zenit pay big too) and they could offer CL football. As someone said above it's entirely dependent on how quickly homegrown players can progress there.

Thoughts on the pain and sacrifice it takes to become a VS Angel?

“I was on this 1200-calorie-a-day meal-delivery service that I hated. I couldn’t do that again. It’s so stressful before the Victoria’s Secret show. There’s so much pressure on us all not just in terms of shape and the energy gets sucked out of you. So my favourite thing to do afterwards is dance all night long. We’ll have a pizza party and drink, but I don’t even care that much about the food. It’s about being young, normal and carefree again.” - Alessandra
Original post by swirly

“I was on this 1200-calorie-a-day meal-delivery service that I hated. I couldn’t do that again. It’s so stressful before the Victoria’s Secret show. There’s so much pressure on us all not just in terms of shape and the energy gets sucked out of you. So my favourite thing to do afterwards is dance all night long. We’ll have a pizza party and drink, but I don’t even care that much about the food. It’s about being young, normal and carefree again.” - Alessandra

Alessandra needs to shut the **** up.
Original post by swirly

I can do 1700 calories easy tbh.

Also strong logic

-energy is sucked out of you
-favourite thing to do is dance all night long

:confused:
Original post by AR_95
Joey Bada$$ in Mr robot Season 2 hehe
Mr robot is best show on right now

When's it airing?

Spoiler

Also strong logic

But they work out up to 3 times a day.

And that's after the show, and they probably coke up for that (no cola).

Erin Heatherton said she stopped working with the brand in 2013 after four years because of the pressure to lose weight. "My last two Victoria's Secret shows, I was told I had to lose weight," she tells TIME magazine's Motto, "I look back like, 'Really?' I was really depressed because I was working so hard and I felt like my body was resisting me. And I got to a point where one night I got home from a workout and I remember staring at my food and thinking maybe I should just not eat."
Original post by Jimmy Seville
When's it airing?

Spoiler

13 or 14th. First episode is out tho google it
Reply 6811

Also strong logic

1700 is well below the recommended amount you fanny pest, it definitely should be easy!!!
Last thread was closed early.

A magical place for members of the football forum to gather.

For the mandem

For @Kenan and Kel

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6813
Original post by The Wavefunction
What happened?

Think TSR are mad that I called @Zayn is Bae a fanny pest

In
why do we have a new thread? didnt hit 10k yet?
No idea bros
@difeo @SUGar Daddy @Dirtybit @zKlown

People always say men peak in late 20's/30's, but Zayn peaked at 19

[video="youtube;T4cdfRohhcg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4cdfRohhcg[/video]

Thoughts?
@difeo @SUGar Daddy @Dirtybit @zKlown

People always say men peak in late 20's/30's, but Zayn peaked at 19

[video="youtube;T4cdfRohhcg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4cdfRohhcg[/video]

Thoughts?

Agreed
Absolute banger btw
Original post by difeo
Agreed
Absolute banger btw

Currently on an old 1D marathon and catching feels :frown:

@swirly

[video="youtube;AbPED9bisSc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbPED9bisSc[/video]

@Jimmy Seville @Mad Vlad
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest