Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I'm currently down for working on Saturdays and Sunday's, with the odd midweek shift every now and again. I think I'd give my notice on the Saturday, and then work the shifts I have up until the following Sunday, which would be 8 days, but I wouldn't be in again until the Saturday after that which would be 2 weeks, so I could technically give 2 weeks notice whilst only working for a week.

My main concern is that the company is changing the way it operates, so everyone needs to be trained according to that, which goes live in September. I was originally planning on staying up until then, but it would be pointless me staying and being trained only to then quit and them have to hire someone who isn't trained, hence I need to sort this out quickly.
    Sounds fine - I can't see why they would have any issue with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    The coup in Turkey is being widely reported but the terror attacks in Turkey rarely make headline news (or not for long).
    Dunno why anyone's still surprised that people care more about things that happen closer to home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Dunno why anyone's still surprised that people care more about things that happen closer to home
    Turkey is closer to home than Turkey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Turkey is closer to home than Turkey?
    I mean the original point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    I mean the original point
    Take the L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Take the L
    dbi

ReputationRep:
    An Uncle comes to visit. You're an 18 year old girl, with a 12 year old brother. The Uncle gives your brother £100. and you nothing. Is this sexism on the uncle's part?

Thoughts lads? SA-1 difeo zKlown Dirtybit sr90 TheonlyMrsHolmes?

ReputationRep:
    An Uncle comes to visit. You're an 18 year old girl, with a 12 year old brother. The Uncle gives your brother £100. and you nothing. Is this sexism on the uncle's part?

Why don't you just tag them in my thread where the whole story is, rather than providing a fragment of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Why don't you just tag them in my thread where the whole story is, rather than providing a fragment of it?
    Because this is the only part that is relevant to anyone on TSR who doesn't have in-depth knowledge on your uncles attitudes towards women

Also

ReputationRep:
    Because this is the only part that is relevant to anyone on TSR who doesn't have in-depth knowledge on your uncles attitudes towards women
    You need the full story to determine whether it was sexist or not.

ReputationRep:
    Take the L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Take the L
    Don't be #salty Mad Vlad

You need the full story to determine whether it was sexist or not.
    Any sane person would see it as a kid being given money, with you being an adult now not getting it. Regardless of whether your uncle is sexist or not, this is not an example of it

ReputationRep:
    Don't be #salty Mad Vlad

Any sane person would see it as a kid being given money, with you being an adult now not getting it. Regardless of whether your uncle is sexist or not, this is not an example of it
    I don't want to continue this onto another thread. Express your opinions on my thread.

ReputationRep:

Nah the girl is in the wrong. Why is she even looking at a financial deal between two males?

TheonlyMrsHolmes

ReputationRep:
    He is not a "small child". He is almost a foot taller than me
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Nah the girl is in the wrong. Why is she even looking at a financial deal between two males?

TheonlyMrsHolmes
    I don't know, I should know my place. Heading back to the kitchen, anyone want a sandwich???

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    lol
    K.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I should know my place. Heading back to the kitchen, anyone want a sandwich???
    Hehe are you any good? xx

And what would you rate yourself out of 10?

(Looks & sandwich making abilities)

ReputationRep:
    loling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Hehe are you any good? xx

And what would you rate yourself out of 10?

(Looks & sandwich making abilities)
    I'm fantastic.

My sandwiches are perfect, 10/10. I'm obviously perfect in all my womanly duties. I scrub all the floors in my stilettos so that I'm always ready for my man :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    trapking is that you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.