Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Why have you @'d me I don't watch wrestling. I was into it around Wrestlemania 16 I think it was. The one where there was a three way TLC match. Dudley Boys, Hardys and Edge & Christian.

Angle has a fat neck.

I thought you would appreciate a four time world heavyweight champion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I'll ache more after playing a day of cricket than after a game of football. I can see where you're coming from, but I just think it's ignorant considering I imagine you've never played cricket (possibly at all) to any decent level or for any sustained period.
    I have played cricket and it's not physically demanding. I guess at the top level it should be physically demanding, I guess you are making runs meaning you have to sprint and stuff and facing good people means that it would take a lesser amount of time for them to get the ball to the wicket.

Anyway it is nowhere near as physically demanding as Basketball or Tennis, just no. Technically I guess bowling that fast and being able to hit spin balls etc. means it's no easy feat at the top level but a pick up game of cricket is not hard.

Also I'm pretty physically fit and hands down 5 a side football, basketball and tennis are the most demanding sports.

ReputationRep:
    Boxing and wrestling (the proper stuff) have to be up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    I have played cricket and it's not physically demanding. I guess at the top level it should be physically demanding, I guess you are making runs meaning you have to sprint and stuff and facing good people means that it would take a lesser amount of time for them to get the ball to the wicket.

Anyway it is nowhere near as physically demanding as Basketball or Tennis, just no. Technically I guess bowling that fast and being able to hit spin balls etc. means it's no easy feat at the top level but a pick up game of cricket is not hard.

Also I'm pretty physically fit and hands down 5 a side football, basketball and tennis are the most demanding sports.
    I'd remove tennis, it says it all that the pros play 7 matches in 13 or 14 days, and at the lower level people aren't good enough to consistently hit the corners and get you running without the point breaking down. Playing as a back in rugby is up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    I'd remove tennis, it says it all that they play 7 matches in 13 or 14 days, and at the lower level people aren't good enough to consistently hit the corners and get you running without the point breaking down. Playing as a back in rugby is up there.
    In basketball you play 7 matches in the same amount of time and try play a basketball match and tell me it isn't tiring(although you can get subbed in and out and it's only 48mins)?

Rugby I forgot about, very physically demanding sport.

Any sport which involves fighting is clearly on the extreme side of being physically demanding, but I don't think that needs to be said.

I think Tennis at the higher level is very demanding physically, although I agree that if you aren't good at Tennis it's not demanding physically. It's the constant lateral movement that makes it so tiring. Basketball is essentially doing suicides for like 40mins. I guess there's also the fact that Football is a contact sport while Tennis is non contact, meaning that playing 7 games in 14 days increases the propensity of an injury in Football, while not so much in Tennis. Easier on the joints even though it is just as physically demanding.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, we are Gods at Cycling.

ReputationRep:
    That 19yr old American went HAM.

ReputationRep:
    football back today..

This summer has flown by - even considering we have had the euros, it still seems quick to me. I guess it used to seem longer when I was a student because the summer also meant no uni work/fun, so the two were combined, whereas now its just work as normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Cos no real physical activity is required in cricket. You could play that game and be fat as cuck.
    Lmao. This guy tried telling me tennis is the most physically demanding sports there is. Tell me how there's physical demand in tennis yet there's no real one in cricket.

ReputationRep:
    It's back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    Lmao. This guy tried telling me tennis is the most physically demanding sports there is. Tell me how there's physical demand in tennis yet there's no real one in cricket.
    Constant Lateral movement for hours in tennis.

ReputationRep:
    @SR

What do you think of the £ over the next few months?

Held off investing back in before, as everyone (including you) told me it would drop again in august..

Well, interest rates were cut, bad news came out, and sure enough its dropped again (8.57 rmb to pound yesterday is just awesome.. considering it was 10.1 when I first came to china)

But what do you think going forward? Unlike last month where most places were very pessimistic, this month I am seeing mixed signals.. some reports I have read say that the bank of england will keep pushing it down for now, especially if they cut rates again in september. Other reports say that it depends on the post referendum data that comes out next month.. and then theres a loyds group report that is suggesting we are bottoming out now, and it will head up gradually towards the end of the year, before returning to normal through 2017..

What do you think? Take the plunge? or hold off for another month?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao Vardy testing his own chin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Lmao Vardy testing his own chin

Too much Vodka & Charlie

ReputationRep:
    That goal though 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    That goal though 😂
    Feel for Schmeichel to make such a brilliant save and then get mugged off by that finish 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Pep is definitely going to get Aguero on PEDs so that he doesn't get injured
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Pep is definitely going to get Aguero on more PEDs so that he doesn't get injured
    Fixed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Caballero's distribution is pretty awful. Was really shaky against us last weekend and in City's game against Dortmund a few weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Caballero's distribution is pretty awful. Was really shaky against us last weekend and in City's game against Dortmund a few weeks ago.

Do you know if Nicki and Meek are still together?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.