Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    not sure how some people handle crazy hours, doctors etc.

Have a pretty intensive schedule until the end of the summer, 11 hours a day for 15 days without a gap. and its bloody killing me.

I do consider myself quite a hard working person - work on weekends, only 1 holiday a year.. normal stuff for a person running a business but the long days I just find the worst.

Would much rather do 6 hours a day for 30 days without a day off..

Then do 12 hours a day with a few days break in between
    The magic roundabout in IB is the worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed, knew a couple of people who interned in IB and had to pull quite a few all-nighters, were so much happier when they got back to uni, and it is ridiculously harsh that the taxis just wait for you to shower and then you are sent straight back. I couldn't function without at least 2-3 hours sleep tbh. It really is no surprise of the suicide of people in this field and some of the mental health tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldn't do it.

Really dont care about the money that much..

I mean, I am happy to make sacrifices to a point (living in bloody china for 2 years is a pretty big sacrifice), but for me the stuff they are put through goes too far. Money is just not a big enough reward.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Coffee is how we do the long days. Just about every vet and doctor I know are caffeine addicts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rk scare me cuz when Rk gets his results he don't say nothin.

zKlown It went good bro. Got into the Uni I wanted (hold tight Bugzy, 0161) so happy days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)

zKlown It went good bro. Got into the Uni I wanted (hold tight Bugzy, 0161) so happy days.
    That's great, well done!
    Are you moving out for uni?

ReputationRep:

Congrats!! Now go represent like Pac when he moved to the West Coast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    That's great, well done!
    Are you moving out for uni?
    Thanks
    Local uni so staying put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Congrats!! Now go represent like Pac when he moved to the West Coast.
    Mos def.

ReputationRep:

I'm proud brother.

You are missing a great experience by not living in halls or moving out, however whatever you feel is best.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Rk2k14;67064058]Mos def.

Posts gif of pre West Coast Tupac

ReputationRep:
    Rachel Riley is unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Rachel Riley is unbelievable.

Seems genuinely funny as well, plus she's intelligent as **** girl's got it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Seems genuinely funny as well, plus she's intelligent as **** girl's got it all
    She'll probably earn close to a 6 figure salary to go on a gameshow every day too.

Not easy for a normal person, but for a maths genius, the sums and picking up letters must be pretty damn easy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    She'll probably earn close to a 6 figure salary to go on a gameshow every day too.

Not easy for a normal person, but for a maths genius, the sums and picking up letters must be pretty damn easy...
    Yeah, her parents didn't do too bad raising her, did they?

I'd hate the pressure of doing the maths, knowing that you have to get it otherwise you look a complete tit. Iirc she didn't get it a few times in the beginning and people complained.

ReputationRep:
    Legit didn't realise penalties worked that way in hockey - it's pretty tough but Jesus nobody can finish!

Another Gold for GB! Surely we can't beat China. Surely...

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if penalties were like that in football. Dribble from the half way line having 15 seconds to beat the keeper in a one on one. Or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Imagine if penalties were like that in football. Dribble from the half way line having 15 seconds to beat the keeper in a one on one. Or something like that.

Tbh it would be significantly easier in football - think about how often players score 1v1s for instance.

Hockey is so much harder in this circumstance because the keeper takes up so much of the goal, and using a massive stick to hit the ball really telegraphs what you're going to do.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anyone watching that football talkshow on Sky Sports 1?

Absolutely ****ing dreadful. I'm watching it just to laugh at how bad it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Tbh it would be significantly easier in football - think about how often players score 1v1s for instance.

Hockey is so much harder in this circumstance because the keeper takes up so much of the goal, and using a massive stick to hit the ball really telegraphs what you're going to do.
    True true, would just be quite fun to see it happen.
    (Original post by sr90)
    Anyone watching that football talkshow on Sky Sports 1?

Absolutely ****ing dreadful. I'm watching it just to laugh at how bad it is.
    Utter AIDS. The state of heavy D.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.