Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That awkward moment when the Women's Heptathlon high jump event was jumped higher than the regular one...

Should have entered KJT in the normal high jump - she would've gotten Gold!!

ReputationRep:
    Loling at the American guy celebrating his 2nd place for so long....only to get disqualified

ReputationRep:
    beaten our medal tally from our home olympics?

How many times can that have happened? Crazy. Honestly thought we would drop away badly after the buzz of london wore off, but we have actually gone on to do even better..

race with china is surely over now, 2nd should be ours.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Wtf.
    ufc 202? diaz won that fight lol

ReputationRep:
    Yh^

Close decision was always going to go McGregor's way. Amount of money they'll make for the 3rd fight will be unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Yh^

Close decision was always going to go McGregor's way. Amount of money they'll make for the 3rd fight will be unreal.
    It ruins the sport though doesn't do him justice! They only did it because if Connor lost he would have probably retired from ufc completely or give up his belt/risk losing his large reputation in the ufc.

In the early rounds when Diaz took all them kicks i thought he was a goner though but damnnnnn he is one tough guy! Came back like no tomorrow :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Avatar for me has to be the greatest cartoon ever..

Wife is re-watching it at the moment, and forgot how great it is..

It just has such a good solid adult story, with very serrious themes... but all wrapped up in a very kid-friendly stupid bundle.. Swear if you took away the stupid kid humour, but kept the plot-points/themes exactly the same, you could have a really solid adult drama.

100% on the list of things I want my future children to watch.. so many good lessons about coping with loss, moving forward, having balance in your life, respecting others, working together, and most of all redemption, that no one is one thing, and we have the ability to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    It ruins the sport though doesn't do him justice! They only did it because if Connor lost he would have probably retired from ufc completely or give up his belt/risk losing his large reputation in the ufc.

In the early rounds when Diaz took all them kicks i thought he was a goner though but damnnnnn he is one tough guy! Came back like no tomorrow :lol:
    absolute nonsense. it was close but Mcgregor did deserve to win. He was saved by the bell mind you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Farah is absolutely phenomenal.

When I was growing up, whenever I watched athletics it used to just be the Africans who were unbeatable in long distance.
    Now Britain are the unbeatable ones.
    Technically Farah is African.

Anyone else see the hypocrisy of people saying they hate immigrants yet when an immigrant wins a gold medal for Britain they all cheer for him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Anyone else see the hypocrisy of people saying they hate immigrants yet when an immigrant wins a gold medal for Britain they all cheer for him?
    still hate them tbh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by swirly)
    still hate them tbh
    At least you're consistent in your views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

It is rediculous..

However, Mo branding himself 'Mo' Instead of 'Mohamaed' - is just marketting class.

Knowing how backwards some parts of britain are, I would put money on that if he went by his full name all the time, he would be considerably less popular s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Secretly they're calling him a ****** anyway and wish a white british guy won instead but genetics init.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Secretly they're calling him a ****** anyway and wish a white british guy won instead but genetics init.
    Not sure if trolling but yeah, you're right. Just like they wish the England team had more white players and white players always having more leniency for playing badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Not sure if trolling but yeah, you're right. Just like they wish the England team had more white players and white players always having more leniency for playing badly.
    Pretty much. Like **** it people still think Rooney is England's best player when he's not the best AM, striker or CM.

It's not so bad now since people just realised the whole England team is terrible but look at the treatment Sterling got in the euros when Kane was every bit as terrible as him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

The Wavefunction thoughts?
    Absolute filth. She's got that resting ***** face which is hot. Bet you could never win an argument with her due to her looking like that when mad.

She's no Em Rata, however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Pretty much. Like **** it people still think Rooney is England's best player.

It's not so bad now since people just realised the whole England team is terrible but look at the treatment Sterling got in the euros when Kane was every bit as terrible as him.
    If Rooney was black he would have been benched years ago.

Sterling is playing beautiful football again and no one bats an eyelid, a truly mesmerising player. If Pep can see it why can't the media and England fans? It's funny.

He won England a penalty against Iceland even, and others were far worse with no one mentioning them individually like they did with Sterling. He's called all sorts, like lacking technical ability. Do you see his link up play with City , single handedly destroying Chelsea/Arsenal/Newcastle defences, his through pass to Rooney against Italy in WC 2014? He can be a great but people don't rate him lol. It is hilarious.
    Put it this way, England play him as a winger. He is a player that can clearly destroy teams when running at them from the centre, that is the sign of great talent, not just headless chicken wing play that England play.

My favourite line of theirs : "Suarez made Sterling look good"... I'm like "Nahh you don't know football"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    If Rooney was black he would have been benched years ago.

Sterling is playing beautiful football again and no one bats an eyelid, a truly mesmerising player. If Pep can see it why can't the media and England fans? It's funny.

He won England a penalty against Iceland even, and others were far worse with no one mentioning them individually like they did with Sterling. He's called all sorts, like lacking technical ability. Do you see his link up play with City , single handedly destroying Chelsea/Arsenal/Newcastle defences, his through pass to Rooney against Italy in WC 2014? He can be a great but people don't rate him lol. It is hilarious.
    Put it this way, England play him as a winger. He is a player that can clearly destroy teams when running at them from the centre, that is the sign of great talent, not just headless chicken wing play that England play.

My favourite line of theirs : "Suarez made Sterling look good"... I'm like "Nahh you don't know football"
    When it comes to black people, its very much as F. Scott Fitzgerald would describe, 'Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy'.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do Sunderland manage to stay up every year. They are actually such a piss poor team.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 2, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.