Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Same. Absolutely love MGS but I started 5 and have just not gone back to it about two or three missions in. The game is fantastic to play but the story isn't that gripping like 2 & 3 were. Same goes for football games, I'll go a couple weeks playing an hour or two each night then not touch them for a month. Mostly use my PS4 for watching telly on now.

You played TLOU?
    I do wonder if it's because the later games aren't as good or if it is just that you have more time to do other stuff so gaming gets more dull? A few I've been meaning to play for ages but never get round to it..

ReputationRep:
    TLOU was a masterpiece.

AR_95 Definitely get U4. Game of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I do wonder if it's because the later games aren't as good or if it is just that you have more time to do other stuff so gaming gets more dull? A few I've been meaning to play for ages but never get round to it..
    Maybe a bit of both. With TLOU I started it on PS3 in December 2014 I think. I didn't even make it to the Capitol Building so was about 5% into the game, if that. Got my PS4 December 2015 and it came with the remastered game, started it again, stopped, then got back into it a few months after. Once I'd got well into the story line I couldn't put it down.

I've got Fallout 4 to complete atm as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I think its nostalgia tbh.
    Yeah this, had fond memories of San Andreas being the best game of all time, and could spend hours exploring in free roam outside the missions, but when I downloaded it onto iPhone it just wasn't that fun anymore.

****ing mad to think its 12 years old.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone play GT?

Might get GT sport in November and dedicate my life to it to become a racing driver :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Yeah this, had fond memories of San Andreas being the best game of all time, and could spend hours exploring in free roam outside the missions, but when I downloaded it onto iPhone it just wasn't that fun anymore.

****ing mad to think its 12 years old.
    I didn't have San Andreas at the time, first time I played it was like three years ago. Had GTA3 & Vice City though. Rockstar putting out two stone cold classics within just one year of each other.

Did you ever play the old GTA games on PSX? They were shite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I didn't have San Andreas at the time, first time I played it was like three years ago. Had GTA3 & Vice City though. Rockstar putting out two stone cold classics within just one year of each other.

Did you ever play the old GTA games on PSX? They were shite.
    Yeah they were mad!! I've played every single one since GTA1 got me hooked, 1, 2, London, 3, VC, SA, GTA Advance, LCS, VCS, ChinaTown Wars, 4 and 5 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Yeah they were mad!! I've played every single one since GTA1 got me hooked, 1, 2, London, 3, VC, SA, GTA Advance, LCS, VCS, ChinaTown Wars, 4 and 5 :lol:
    I remember the bird's eye view ruined it for me. Do you remember Driver? GTA changed their game play after that came out and got rid of the bird's eye view.

4 was the one I didn't like, didn't even complete that.

ReputationRep:
    Big Smoke, what a judas.

First GTA I played as GTA2, one of the last 2D games. Was one of those games like Worms I genuinely thought that it going 3D would ruin it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    TLOU was a masterpiece.

It's a work of art.

Legitimately one of the best games I've ever played.

ReputationRep:
    MGS2 is my favourite tbh. God damn that story got me thinking about life.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the rampages. That was my favourite part of GTA 2.

GTA always delivers to be honest. GTA V the best thing is riding in the cars. GTA San Andreas best thing was jacking the hydras and shooting down the guys in Area 51.

Who remembers Need for Speed. Underground 2 and Most Wanted were so good.

(Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Anyone play GT?Might get GT sport in November and dedicate my life to it to become a racing driver :lol:
    Was about to make a post about Gran Turismo.

One of my favourite games. Nearly finished GT3. Completing GT4 was a myth as they had 24 hour races, I used to go into B-spec mode and turn the speed up 3x.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Who remembers Need for Speed. Underground 2 and Most Wanted were so good.

Also GTA San Andreas >>> GTA 5. Just so much more fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    MGS2 is my favourite tbh. God damn that story got me thinking about life.
    2 was such a step up from the first MGS, which is saying something because that was legendary, **** like the code on the game case and switching the controller into the second port vs Psycho Mantis :cool:. MGS2 had better bosses than 3 I think, more fun to play against too. I think 3 is better for the story. But both of them are classics. Even though I think 4 is the worst of the ones I've completed it's still a 9/10 game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    TLOU was a masterpiece.

Yeah I've completed 2 and 3, will get 4 soon.

(Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Anyone play GT?Might get GT sport in November and dedicate my life to it to become a racing driver :lol:
    Played GT5. Really good game if you're into car racing sims.

(Original post by Zerforax)
    Definitely the former.

ReputationRep:
    Played GTA 5 for about two hours and didn't touch it again

San Andreas >>>

MW2 when everyone from high school would jump online >>>

ReputationRep:
    GTA5 was immense.

ReputationRep:
    Remember managing to call in and collect an emergency airdrop on Rust. Got a harrier, a predator and a chopper gunner. Was genocide.

ReputationRep:
    good youtube channels to doze off to?

Crash Course just doesn't do it for me anymore

ReputationRep:
    Some guy had a KDR of 5.0 ffs in MW2. He must have been getting nukes every 3/4 games or something.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.