Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Scenes when you can give up alcohol and bacon for Eid but not white women SA-1

ReputationRep:
    This pisses me off..*

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sophiegadd/...57v#.bbo7mewN9

Given that there is roughly 1 non-white person, for every 10 people in the UK.. the fact that there are on a lot of shows 1 non-white person for every 5-6 people, is actually an over-representation, rather then an under-representation. Although considering you cant have half a person, having at least 1 seems fine.

But apparently its a sign of inequality that minorities do not massively over-represent on TV?*

( I agree with the point about women, being underrepresented hugely, but as much as some parts of TSR would brand me a huge sexist, on average they are just not as funny, or at least dont have as wide reaching humor and all the shows listed were comedies)*

There could be a good arguement for over-representation of minorities on TV, to help assimilation into british culture, and to reduce the problems many minority communities face.. But to argue that they are under-represented, and it is racist, based on pictures where they are statistically over-represented.. is just stupid. *

ReputationRep:
    The Beeb just went full Arsenal letting Robin Van Bake Off go.

Legit having the same feelings

ReputationRep:
    What is Tornado's current account?

ReputationRep:

Very disappointed with the 'Thug Messiah' angle they've tried to take, complete misunderstood the concept of 'Thug Life'. Looks like they've asked some 14 year old white girls, and said ok write a movie about Tupac.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Had an interview in London today... ****ing hell getting the tube in this weather is horrific. I've been in colder saunas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Had an interview in London today... ****ing hell getting the tube in this weather is horrific. I've been in colder saunas.
    Good luck with the outcome!

If you get the job and move down to London you will become a proper United supporter. 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Good luck!

(Original post by The.Joker)
    Good luck with the outcome!

If you get the job and move down to London you will become a proper United supporter. 😉
    London is red hehe

ReputationRep:
    Rk2k14 what do you rate this /10?

Also, how do you rate the new song with DJ Khaled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Rk2k14 what do you rate this /10?

Also, how do you rate the new song with DJ Khaled?
    Nas/10.

Havent heard it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to Tottenham on winning the "we took more fans to Wembley in the Champions League than Arsenal" trophy. Expecting the DVD to be out soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Congratulations to Tottenham on winning the "we took more fans to Wembley in the Champions League than Arsenal" trophy. Expecting the DVD to be out soon.

Remember when they won the 'Turn the arch white challenge' for the Capital One Cup final last year, and were gloating about it - even though the arch is always white haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Remember when they won the 'Turn the arch white challenge' for the Capital One Cup final last year, and were gloating about it - even though the arch is always white haha
    Utter parody club. 1-1 at Newcastle another great memory.

ReputationRep:
    So tired, but so much work up do...

ReputationRep:
    that mother****er SA-1 thinking he's too big for us, sitting in the barbershop ordering 1 more dead trim pls as he sips on a MyProtein protein shake in a Maximuscle shaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    that mother****er SA-1 thinking he's too big for us, sitting in the barbershop ordering 1 more dead trim pls as he sips on a MyProtein protein shake in a Maximuscle shaker.
    Probably because you called him a ham roll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Probably because you called him a ham roll
    Probably because he's acting like one

ReputationRep:
    who here has had bad/funny dating experiences?

quote me

ReputationRep:
    Tfw you grab a jar to catch a huge spider but it's too big to fit in the opening.

It owns that room now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    who here has had bad/funny dating experiences?

quote me
    Not so much a dating experience but I'd been low key texting this girl for a few weeks after meeting through a friend at uni. We crossed paths on a night out and got chatting and what not, eventually we went outside for some fresh hair and somewhere quiet.. After a couple of minutes she proceeded to throw up all over me. That was the end of that and I think I've seen her once since, awkwardly queuing together in subway.

Absolutely ruined my shoes ffs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.