The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This pisses me off..*

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sophiegadd/pictures-that-prove-equality-exists-on-british-tv?utm_term=.ypLdVJ57v#.bbo7mewN9

Given that there is roughly 1 non-white person, for every 10 people in the UK.. the fact that there are on a lot of shows 1 non-white person for every 5-6 people, is actually an over-representation, rather then an under-representation. Although considering you cant have half a person, having at least 1 seems fine.

But apparently its a sign of inequality that minorities do not massively over-represent on TV?*

( I agree with the point about women, being underrepresented hugely, but as much as some parts of TSR would brand me a huge sexist, on average they are just not as funny, or at least dont have as wide reaching humor and all the shows listed were comedies)*

There could be a good arguement for over-representation of minorities on TV, to help assimilation into british culture, and to reduce the problems many minority communities face.. But to argue that they are under-represented, and it is racist, based on pictures where they are statistically over-represented.. is just stupid. *
The Beeb just went full Arsenal letting Robin Van Bake Off go.

Legit having the same feelings :frown:
What is Tornado's current account?

Very disappointed with the 'Thug Messiah' angle they've tried to take, complete misunderstood the concept of 'Thug Life'. Looks like they've asked some 14 year old white girls, and said ok write a movie about Tupac.
Had an interview in London today... ****ing hell getting the tube in this weather is horrific. I've been in colder saunas.
Original post by sr90
Had an interview in London today... ****ing hell getting the tube in this weather is horrific. I've been in colder saunas.

Good luck with the outcome!

If you get the job and move down to London you will become a proper United supporter. 😉
Original post by sr90

Good luck!

Original post by The.Joker
Good luck with the outcome!

If you get the job and move down to London you will become a proper United supporter. 😉

London is red hehe
@Rk2k14 what do you rate this /10?

Also, how do you rate the new song with DJ Khaled?
Reply 8768
Original post by swirly
@Rk2k14 what do you rate this /10?

Also, how do you rate the new song with DJ Khaled?

Nas/10.

Havent heard it yet.
Congratulations to Tottenham on winning the "we took more fans to Wembley in the Champions League than Arsenal" trophy. Expecting the DVD to be out soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Congratulations to Tottenham on winning the "we took more fans to Wembley in the Champions League than Arsenal" trophy. Expecting the DVD to be out soon.

Remember when they won the 'Turn the arch white challenge' for the Capital One Cup final last year, and were gloating about it - even though the arch is always white haha
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Remember when they won the 'Turn the arch white challenge' for the Capital One Cup final last year, and were gloating about it - even though the arch is always white haha

Utter parody club. 1-1 at Newcastle another great memory.

So tired, but so much work up do...

that mother****er @SA-1 thinking he's too big for us, sitting in the barbershop ordering 1 more dead trim pls as he sips on a MyProtein protein shake in a Maximuscle shaker.
Original post by swirly
that mother****er @SA-1 thinking he's too big for us, sitting in the barbershop ordering 1 more dead trim pls as he sips on a MyProtein protein shake in a Maximuscle shaker.

Probably because you called him a ham roll
Original post by The Wavefunction
Probably because you called him a ham roll

Probably because he's acting like one:colonhash:
who here has had bad/funny dating experiences?

quote me :biggrin:
Tfw you grab a jar to catch a huge spider but it's too big to fit in the opening.

It owns that room now...
Original post by trapking
who here has had bad/funny dating experiences?

quote me :biggrin:

Not so much a dating experience but I'd been low key texting this girl for a few weeks after meeting through a friend at uni. We crossed paths on a night out and got chatting and what not, eventually we went outside for some fresh hair and somewhere quiet.. After a couple of minutes she proceeded to throw up all over me. That was the end of that and I think I've seen her once since, awkwardly queuing together in subway.

Absolutely ruined my shoes ffs
Original post by Lúcio
Tfw you grab a jar to catch a huge spider but it's too big to fit in the opening.

It owns that room now...

Start asking it about the concept of identity explored in Spiderman 2.

Always makes people leave the room :sad:

Latest