ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    omg really? source?
    Thought it wasn't that obvious

(Original post by swirly)
    do u even razr
    razr was *****es

ReputationRep:
    I'll pull out the streezy and make eskimo dance.

ReputationRep:
    Without wishing to sound like a Chelsea headhunter, the only thing I can see that's wrong with the picture that Barry Chuckle posted on his facebook page was that is was from Britian First. The general idea makes sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    Angry cucumber what's your knowledge of physics/mechanics like? Specifically moments of inertia.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Angry cucumber what's your knowledge of physics/mechanics like? Specifically moments of inertia.
    In physics applications - pretty much nought

Lifting - I can have a stab

Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    In physics applications - pretty much nought

Lifting - I can have a stab

Why?
    I was thinking earlier; say you have two, 20kg uniform bars, one with 2x20kg plates on each side, totalling 100kg, and then on the the second bar 4x10kg plates on each side, again totalling 100kg. Assuming the plates have equal width, bumper plates for example, is more force required to lift the 4x10kg? As moments of inertia are mass.gravity.distance from pivot. Or am I completely barking up the eronth tree?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking earlier; say you have two, 20kg uniform bars, one with 2x20kg plates on each side, totalling 100kg, and then on the the second bar 4x10kg plates on each side, again totalling 100kg. Assuming the plates have equal width, bumper plates for example, is more force required to lift the 4x10kg? As moments of inertia are mass.gravity.distance from pivot. Or am I completely barking up the eronth tree?
    I think that's more of a mechanics problem.

And I think the answer is there is no difference, assuming all the plates add up to EXACTLY the same weight.

Ask Dirtybit

He got A* in Maths at A-Level.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Not to any noticeable degree I wouldn't think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    I think that's more of a mechanics problem.

And I think the answer is there is no difference, assuming all the plates add up to EXACTLY the same weight.

Ask Dirtybit

He got A* in Maths at A-Level.

Dirtybit do your thing. Got 96% in my mechanics, but it was quite long ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I can't remember dial up but I remember getting home from school and going straight on MSN. I tell you now, you had to be tactical using that thing. Appear offline was peak.

Bluetooth? Mate I wish I had that. I had to make do with infrared where if any phone moved even slightly, it failed.
    Swear the wait for that felt like hours

ReputationRep:
    Dirtybit do your thing. Got 96% in my mechanics, but it was quite long ago
    zKlown making me sound like a smartass when I'm really not. Yeah it's a Physics/Mechanics overlap question. Explanation is pretty much Physics as it's to do with center of gravity iirc.

I do know though that when you use a greater number of smaller weights, it makes it harder to balance the bar since the weights are more spread out. Generally unnoticeable for lower total weight but as you go higher you would be able to feel the difference when trying to balance the bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Man like Ali chirpsing a 16 year old from the Chat section.
    lmfao nah just curious, personally I think the whole hooking up online stuff is weird as f*ck.

ReputationRep:
    Man on here complaining about shite phones and Bluetooth - count yourself lucky I didn't have a phone until I was like 16. Blackberry Curve was a good first phone though tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Man on here complaining about shite phones and Bluetooth - count yourself lucky I didn't have a phone until I was like 16. Blackberry Curve was a good first phone though tbf.
    so... this year?

difeo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real Friends)
    so... this year?

difeo

Spoiler:
    Show
    tfw no appropriate Taylor gifs available

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)

Spoiler:
    Show
    tfw no appropriate Taylor gifs available
    Kaley is MUCH hotter so its ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real Friends)
    Kaley is MUCH hotter so its ok
    Agreed (until she cut her hair off ffs), but Tay is more talented and beautiful on the inside (no homo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Tay is more beautiful on the inside (no homo)
    Definitely homo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    lmfao nah just curious, personally I think the whole hooking up online stuff is weird as f*ck.
    I'm just messing

Weird to some people, not to others. With the popularisation of online dating, a lot more people nowadays are more receptive to meeting non-face-to-face.

I won't give a lecture on it but if you look at the kinds of people who post mainly in the "chat" or "relationships" sections of an online student forum, you find people who are happy to talk to strangers about anything and everything, so is it really a big stretch to assume they'd give dating a try?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.