Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    First day at uni tomorrow.
    I mean I've done it all before but Jesus Christ I'm bricking it...

I definitely haven't missed getting up at 6am.
    Don't be so nervous man! I'm sure you'll be fine. Masters students should be more mature and friendly, so just smile and introduce yourself like any normal person would 'Hi I'm Luke, I make 38k pa'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    First day at uni tomorrow.
    I mean I've done it all before but Jesus Christ I'm bricking it...

I definitely haven't missed getting up at 6am.
    Tf you getting up at 6am for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Don't be so nervous man! I'm sure you'll be fine. Masters students should be more mature and friendly, so just smile and introduce yourself like any normal person would 'Hi I'm Luke, I make 38k pa'
    Swirly pls, I make £0 pa

Probably the worst part about my entire degree is the fact I have only one lecture on Tuesdays...at 9am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    We all know who the first is.
    I actually don't tbf. Anyone care to explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Tf you getting up at 6am for?
    Get up at 6am - need to shower, dress and have breakfast but I like to take my time so takes about an hour.
    Leave at 7am - It's an 90 minute total commute to the campus so I'd get there at 8:30am (with no delays), but I barely know where I'm going so I want to be in the area with plenty of time to spare in the first few weeks.

Nothing worse than being late tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else on Amazon Prime?

6 months free then half price. Decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Get up at 6am - need to shower, dress and have breakfast but I like to take my time so takes about an hour.
    Leave at 7am - It's an 90 minute total commute to the campus so I'd get there at 8:30am (with no delays), but I barely know where I'm going so I want to be in the area with plenty of time to spare in the first few weeks.

Nothing worse than being late tbh.
    Fair enough. I'm about the same in terms of getting ready. How come you're commuting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Fair enough. I'm about the same in terms of getting ready. How come you're commuting?
    I need to make sure I have proper breakfast because there are few things worse than having your stomach rumbling during a lecture 😂

Basically, if I lived in Leeds this year I'd have no money left once I graduate. However if I live at home an extra year I'll have a solid amount of money in the bank after I graduate, meaning there's less pressure if I don't get a grad job immediately.

It's annoying but it's not like I'm an undergraduate who'll be out every night.

ReputationRep:
    Lol'd.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWallOfCo...8363715603437/

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0913.PNG
Views: 32
Size:  280.8 KB

"Choosed"

**** sakes
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    It was more shots at his displeasure of people using notes/cash.
    It's not displeasure I genuinely don't know what you need cash for nowadays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sa-1)
    Name:  IMG_0913.PNG
Views: 32
Size:  280.8 KB

"choosed"

**** sakes
    omg this actually works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    omg this actually works
    But nobody likes you though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    But nobody likes you though...

Inb4 11 reps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It's not displeasure I genuinely don't know what you need cash for nowadays
    Go splash it on a hostess or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Who carries cash in 2016? Can't remember the last time I had any need to use actual notes/coins.
    Do you even chicken/kebab shops bro?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    Do you even chicken/kebab shops bro?
    I've done my fair share 😂 but I can't think of any here that don't accept card payment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I've done my fair share 😂 but I can't think of any here that don't accept card payment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lot of them in East London don't accept card payments, can't speak for the other ends.

ReputationRep:
    First day went surprisingly well - met several solid people on my course which is nice.

Quite surprised with myself; I wasn't scared or nervous making friends with strangers, I just sat down at a table with people and forced myself in to their lives 😂

Kinda feel sorry for them tbh...

ReputationRep:
    Scenes when they've already made a Whatsapp group called 39kpaButNoHoes and are roasting him right now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.