The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
I don't but my new flatmate has. So thought I'd they're giving me FIFA I might as well get it on ps4. Can play you, but I'm pretty awful.

It's all about clubs pal!!

I'm terrible and I still get a place - how bad can you be?
American politics is actually unreal. When unreal wealth, narcissism, religion and idiocy get smashed together.

British politics is so mild in comparison

Posted from TSR Mobile
Part of me wants to see Trump win simply to see how much he ****s everything up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like there's a level where banter just becomes too much...
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could literally be a World War.
Original post by Angry cucumber
American politics is actually unreal. When unreal wealth, narcissism, religion and idiocy get smashed together.

British politics is so mild in comparison

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything in America is always that level more OTT than the UK.

Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the other part of you doesn't want to be nuked?
Reply 9126
There's always something good when you have a day off tbh.
Original post by bammy jastard 27

You getting FIFA pal?
Need someone to dominate the midfield :biggrin:

Just went on clubs to see how it is and it looks like you get "skill points" to upgrade your player or get traits.
Haven't played a game yet but I assume you get skill points depending on match performance or something.
Reply 9128
Original post by Lúcio
You getting FIFA pal?
Need someone to dominate the midfield :biggrin:

Just went on clubs to see how it is and it looks like you get "skill points" to upgrade your player or get traits.
Haven't played a game yet but I assume you get skill points depending on match performance or something.

Might go get it today tbh but I'll see.

Will have it by end of next week. Either me or my bro will buy it.

Started watching One punch man on my day off yesterday. Sick show tbh
Reply 9130
Original post by AR_95
Started watching One punch man on my day off yesterday. Sick show tbh

Finished off Mr Robot. Need to actually job search though.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think I'm fully there now. I'm not sure if I will get to see anything more comical for a good while. Would be an Arsenal-level bottle from Clinton though.

As I've said before, I think people are worrying too much. POTUS isn't an position of absolute power, and many of the things Trump is suggesting simply cannot happen, he still has to answer to congress and the SCOTUS. The only two outcome's I see are Trump either not even serving a full term or him just becoming absolutely boring office.
@SA-1

Have you ever put your out of office on your e-mail on even though you're still available?

I did it once, got bare of my own work done.

Original post by Rk2k14
What do you work for a living (if you don't mind me asking)?

Nah, can't bait myself out like that

But it's analytical work
Finished off Mr Robot. Need to actually job search though.

Just ordered season 1 of Mr Robot.

I hear it's good

@Dirtybit and me thought you had a job?
Reply 9134
Original post by zKlown
Just ordered season 1 of Mr Robot.

I hear it's good

@Dirtybit and me thought you had a job?

I do and it pays pretty well for what it actually is but still job searching.

I'm wondering whether I should go deeply into sales where I can make a lot of money(turns out my job can pay quite well if I bother in it) or do a discipline that challenges me on a more intellectual level rather than a personal relations level.

Personally I'd think doing the former will help me more simply because I'd be better at PR and when I find a discipline I'm interested in look to use my social skills to elevate me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Ok

Mr Robot any good?

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear that I was asking your opinion on that
Reply 9136
Original post by zKlown
Ok

Mr Robot any good?

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear that I was asking your opinion on that

No problem. I edited my post btw.

And yeah it's pretty good. The first season is fantastic. The second season is very good as well but you're left with crazy plot twists, mid season in season 2 you'll get a bit confused. That's something Mr Robot does a lot but by the end of the season everything makes sense. The series is basically designed to make you think rather than to make you just watch which is the most captivating part of the show.

Gonna start off stranger things.
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm wondering whether I should go deeply into sales where I can make a lot of money(turns out my job can pay quite well if I bother in it) or do a discipline that challenges me on a more intellectual level rather than a personal relations level.

Personally I'd think doing the former will help me more simply because I'd be better at PR and when I find a discipline I'm interested in look to use my social skills to elevate me.

Sales is **** trust me, I have to deal with sales and business development managers (AKA salesman) every day.

Also requires a lot of travelling.

I'd go into something a lot of stimulating. I want to move into something Economics based because that's what my degree is in and i like Maths and forecasting etc.

No problem. I edited my post btw.

And yeah it's pretty good. The first season is fantastic. The second season is very good as well but you're left with crazy plot twists, mid season in season 2 you'll get a bit confused. That's something Mr Robot does a lot but by the end of the season everything makes sense. The series is basically designed to make you think rather than to make you just watch which is the most captivating part of the show.

Gonna start off stranger things.

Yeah, I'm gonna watch Mr Robot after I've watched Narcos. It sounds right up my street, I love anything to do with hacking and conspiracies etc.

On my to watch list

Mr Robot
Stranger Things
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Peaky Blinders
24 (Got season 1 off from Amazon for 1p, loooool)
Original post by zKlown
@SA-1

Have you ever put your out of office on your e-mail on even though you're still available?

I did it once, got bare of my own work done.

Nah, can't bait myself out like that

But it's analytical work

I have done that a few times and redirect it to someone else, but mainly just claim my e-mail isn't working, we do have problems with our email so no-one will question it. However, as I studying outside work, I tend to split screen and just do my own work on the side.
Stranger Things is so good, I loved the sci fi and 80s feel of it.

Latest