Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    It's ridiculous tbh. TFL workers have better employment packages than most workers out there, and still act like some sort of abused victims of an unfair system.

Imagine nurses, doctors, physios etc went on strike on every opportunity? I know that physiotherapist wages did not increase in line with inflation for at least 4-5 years, and I believe it's something similar with OTs.

****ing annoying bunch of ******s
    Yea but they do it because they're able to get away with it.

Most people would happily take their jobs on those salaries/conditions but it's such a closed shop. They rarely advertise jobs for TFL since it gets snapped up internally. I think it's been years since they last advertise.

Should just sack them all *grumbles*

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** are phone companies spending so much time/money on making phones water resistant? If you drop your phone in the toilet/sink then you're just clumsy.

Why not make them less prone to breaking/shattering with the slightest touch?

Oh that's right, because it's all a scam to rip you off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Why the **** are phone companies spending so much time/money on making phones water resistant? If you drop your phone in the toilet/sink then you're just clumsy.

Why not make them less prone to breaking/shattering with the slightest touch?

Oh that's right, because it's all a scam to rip you off!
    So that people can take selfies under water, duhhh

ReputationRep:
    London Underground is exactly why the rightwing business lobby is so anti-Union but also looking at other area why we need to strengthen unions. There is a fine line between protecting your workers and ensuring a fair deal and abusing the power you have.

ReputationRep:
    Sup with the stupid format.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    The other point is that those who are well off/rich, don't spend everything they have as they like to save. So if you give a middle class person an extra £1000-5000, they will probably just squirrel it away.

Whereas there are many more people on minimum wage, so even a small or decent increase, means when multiplied by the sheer number of people it impacts and that those people are more likely to spend it all = more money being spent/circulated which also aids the economy.
    It's not a nice life to live, you have the money but you are constantly afraid of spending it because of fearing poverty. I used to be very poor and have an irrational fear of being poor again.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Why is man only jumping on the Legend hype now even though it came out last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Why is man only jumping on the Legend hype now even though it came out last year
    Cos I just see it lel

ReputationRep:
    Mad response time

Ya dunkno

ReputationRep:
    'God's Son originally was an all-out battle record with Nas dissing nearly every popular rapper at the time, but he reconsidered and scrapped all of the songs'.

Man would have ended everyone's career.

ReputationRep:
    Someone ****ing recommend me something to watch

**** sakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

**** sakes
    Told you to watch Stranger Things fool. Best show out there atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

**** sakes

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Cartoons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Lol. Cartoons.
    You'll never understand the joy.

ReputationRep:
    http://moralmachine.mit.edu/

Anyone seen this?

It's pretty limited in certain aspects but quite an interesting assessment on indicators of an individual's moral values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    http://moralmachine.mit.edu/

Anyone seen this?

It's pretty limited in certain aspects but quite an interesting assessment on indicators of an individual's moral values.
    I don't think it indicates moral values tbh, a lot of the questions aren't given thought to and most will probably base their answers on instincts.

Who to kill is a pretty weird way of judging morals 🤔

Unless I'm missing something

ReputationRep:
    Yeah^ extreme situations are a pretty poor basis to judge a person's moral compass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I don't think it indicates moral values tbh, a lot of the questions aren't given thought to and most will probably base their answers on instincts.

Who to kill is a pretty weird way of judging morals 🤔

Unless I'm missing something
    I would argue it does tell you a little about yourself morally.

For instance, when both losses were equal, my most important deciding factor would be which person was "I the right". For instance I was more likely to save people who were crossing on the green man than ones who were crossing on the red man.

So it does tell you a bit about moral values, although I agree there are some huge problems with it. Like you said, instinct may come in to it more than situational assessment, and it's obviously not representative of the real world. As a driver you're always gonna swerve...

I took pretty much no notice of gender, fitness or profession - the only individual characteristic I accounted for was age and species. I think it's a very simplistic experiment on purpose but you can go further with it if you ask for a brief explanation following any decision.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.