Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    Where did this come from?
    its been on my mind a lot recently, needed a place to vent, as no one here in china gives a ****.

(to be fair, no one on the internet gives a **** either.. but atleast doing it here wont piss off and bore the people I see every day!)

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    its been on my mind a lot recently, needed a place to vent, as no one here in china gives a ****.

(to be fair, no one on the internet gives a **** either.. but atleast doing it here wont piss off and bore the people I see every day!)
    Quickly scanned the first half. What has the black lives matter protest done - apart from raise awareness?

ReputationRep:
    Quickly scanned the first half. What has the black lives matter protest done - apart from raise awareness?
    kind of a wierd thing to say? "What has black lives matter achieved, aside from one of its main objects"

My point in using it as an example, could have been replicated by replacing it with any racial inequality focused group. I chose to use BLM, as its the most recent/in peoples mind.. but any group serving to gain eqaulity for their spicific race, would equally fit the bill as a good example of the merits of collective thinking and group identities. its a small part of a larger post about a bigger idea.

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    kind of a wierd thing to say? "What has black lives matter achieved, aside from one of its main objects"

My point in using it as an example, could have been replicated by replacing it with any racial inequality focused group. I chose to use BLM, as its the most recent/in peoples mind.. but any group serving to gain eqaulity for their spicific race, would equally fit the bill as a good example of the merits of collective thinking and group identities. its a small part of a larger post about a bigger idea.
    They're still getting shot the way they were before the movement.
    Summary*

ReputationRep:
    They're still getting shot the way they were before the movement.
    Summary*
    true, but Id expect that most people would not hope to change a pretty complicated societal problem, within the space of a year or so.

Anyway, its here nor there to the point of my rant - which was at the pros/cons of an individualistic society.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just got sent home 2 hours early following an announcement that my department is being outsourced to another office. Awkward. Better get cracking on them job applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Just got sent home 2 hours early following an announcement that my department is being outsourced to another office. Awkward. Better get cracking on them job applications.
    Fuark, won't the other office hire you
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sr90)
    Damn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Fuark, won't the other office hire you
    Probably but i'd rather not move there :lol:

I've got 6 months to find another job so it's not the end of the world, the move isn't until Q4. Manchester or London here I come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    you getting that sweet redundancy moolah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Man on here complaining about shite phones and Bluetooth - count yourself lucky I didn't have a phone until I was like 16. Blackberry Curve was a good first phone though tbf.
    I had the nokia 3310 and then some dead ass motorola. It looked like the kinda phone you use to sell drugs on ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Zerforax AR_95 thoughts on Bangladesh's calamitous **** up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Zerforax AR_95 thoughts on Bangladesh's calamitous **** up?
    No real excuse. The game was there to be won and we had 2 experienced players at the crease. 10 overs from the final over isn't too tough. Rahim did well to get 1 4 4 but then terrible to fail to take 2 runs from 3 balls.

Hard to explain other than they let the situation get to them. Just needed to bunt a couple of balls and steal singles instead of trying to smash for 6 and win in style :facepalm:

I think we were going out of the tournament anyway but would've been nice to screw over India at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Probably but i'd rather not move there :lol:

I've got 6 months to find another job so it's not the end of the world, the move isn't until Q4. Manchester or London here I come
    Fair enough, you still trying for grad jobs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    No real excuse. The game was there to be won and we had 2 experienced players at the crease. 10 overs from the final over isn't too tough. Rahim did well to get 1 4 4 but then terrible to fail to take 2 runs from 3 balls.

Hard to explain other than they let the situation get to them. Just needed to bunt a couple of balls and steal singles instead of trying to smash for 6 and win in style :facepalm:

I think we were going out of the tournament anyway but would've been nice to screw over India at the same time.
    Whilst still a poor decision, I can understand Rahim looking for the big shot. Mammadulah(?) was inexcusable, all he had to do was drop it into the leg side and you were guaranteed the super over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    brahs srs question.

you know in the Spiderman story arcs, did Mary Jane ever make it as an actress?!?!

Swear she never did?

Rk2k14 help?
    She got the gig on one occasion but then she got laid off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    She got the gig on one occasion but then she got laid off.
    Then what happened to her?

ReputationRep:
    Take that cricket **** out of here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Then what happened to her?
    usual. drugs, alcohol etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    usual. drugs, alcohol etc.
    SA-1 thoughts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.