Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    When someone says you're overqualified for a job, what they are really saying is that you're too ambitious for the job. Who wouldn't want to hire someone brighter/harder working for the same wages as someone a little dim? But that's too much of a short term view - you hire someone bright, they require training and time. Then by the time they are useful, they've already found a better job so they move on. This is the reason they don't want to hire you for these types of jobs. Rather take someone a little dim but who will be stuck to the job for 6 months to 5 years rather than someone who's likely to quit as soon as possible for something better.

Are you mostly getting rejected at application stage or interview stage? Probably something that you're doing wrong (imo applying for jobs and interviewing are skills that can be improved).

I like hearing about Acorns life. Much more interesting life than sitting and playing FIFA every night. Frankly I'm a little jealous too that he's had the balls to start and run his own business.
    Well you'd expect a grown man's life to be more interesting on a student forum. Some of us are yet to experience the big wide world.

ReputationRep:
    Bruh.

You ever realised that pi doesn't actually exist.

It's a complete man made fabrication.

Imagine how many things exist that don't really exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Got my holiday booked, can't wait to chill out in the sun. ☀️
    were are you heading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Bruh.

You ever realised that pi doesn't actually exist.

It's a complete man made fabrication.

Imagine how many things exist that don't really exist.
    The actual number yeah but the ratio is there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    The actual number yeah but the ratio is there
    Not sure about that one pal.

With the way it was taught in schools I always thought it would play a bigger part in life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    were are you heading?
    Dubai!

ReputationRep:

With the way it was taught in schools I always thought it would play a bigger part in life
    Growing up, quicksand and banana peels seemed like they were gonna be life threatening problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    anyone here into vinyl/records?*
    Yeah, my parents got me into it. Have about 200 records, mostly classic rock, bit of RnB, punk, soul etc. Stuff they bought in the 70s and then a few I added for collection purposes. Got some good ones, the Velvets, Sabbath, Kate Bush, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, everything Bowie did from Space Oddity to Never Let Me Down. Would imagine if I sold them they'd be worth quite a bit now as they're all originals and in good nick.

Kind of interested in starting to buy some + a player..
    It's not worth it.

Is there any way to aproach this without being a douche?

I liked it last year when I was spending the evening with around 8 people at a friends place, and he had a record player with a huge collection of records.. all night, people were going up and picking through the music and putting on what they wanted to listen to whilst we ate/talked/drank/played etc. It was much more social and involved then just having an ipod conected to a speaker in the room.

But.

Almost all of the people I know who buy records are douches. Typical hipster cereal-cafe man-bun fake-glasses, bands youve never heard of, obscure festivals, organic pasty types..

Is there any way of being into records without being a ********?

Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Well you'd expect a grown man's life to be more interesting on a student forum. Some of us are yet to experience the big wide world.
    Grass ain't always greener tbh bro

You take your mind with you wherever you go and whilst someone on the internet might seem more interesting and their pictures on Facebook might seem like their life is amazing. You don't know really what they're thinking.

I'm really quite depressed and down about life, but from my posts and talking to me, you probably wouldn't think that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Grass ain't always greener tbh bro

You take your mind with you wherever you go and whilst someone on the internet might seem more interesting and their pictures on Facebook might seem like their life is amazing. You don't know really what they're thinking.

I'm really quite depressed and down about life, but from my posts and talking to me, you probably wouldn't think that.
    It wasn't an insult or anything. Just you'd expect an older person who's now working, to have better experiences than a student.

ReputationRep:
    Some game this in the Swedish Allvenskan, Hammarby 2-2 Djugarden at half time. Hammarby pulled it back from 2-0 down. Atmosphere is unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    It wasn't an insult or anything. Just you'd expect an older person who's now working, to have better experiences than a student.
    Was wasn't taken as an insult, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Some game this in the Swedish Allvenskan, Hammarby 2-2 Djugarden at half time. Hammarby pulled it back from 2-0 down. Atmosphere is unreal.
    Hipster nonce.

ReputationRep:
    Amusing how scum Northern clubs, Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Sunderland....find Chelsea brothers in arms.

Not saying anything.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho - scum

ReputationRep:

Pi is everywhere, pi is life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Pi is everywhere, pi is life
    That's what they want you to think ffs.

You have to open your eyes like the bulimic on the see saw, then they won't get anything over you head!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Mourinho - scum
    You were right.

ReputationRep:
    That's what they want you to think ffs.

You have to open your eyes like the bulimic on the see saw, then they won't get anything over you head!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    You were right.
    Did you care how boring his football was when he was at Chelsea, or were you not overly bothered providing he won you trophies?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.