The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
It's the fact he knew the exact moment when that comment was going to cause a shitstorm that got it for me.

Sky News is jokes.

The way she just proves him right :biggrin:

She's a nasty piece of work tbh.

9:10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax2iroxWQBA
Apparently TWD episode was meant to be brutal? Is it worth watching 6 seasons of shite to catch up now or...?
Original post by Jimmy Seville
So Heathrows getting a new runway that will cost the taxpayer millions, whilst Gatwick's privately funded one isn't going ahead.

Let's be honest the Gatwick runway will go ahead eventually. I can see why the tax payer funded projected is going ahead first, you can essentially lock the next government to commitment to the project that would start actual work before 2020. The tax payers may be paying for it but the runway will general billions for years to come, it's a sound investment.

I'm pretty sure the backlash for approving two runways would be pretty astronomical. I want both runways tbh If you're under the flight path tough, screw the environment too. We need to be doing everything we can to offset the economic disaster that is Brexit
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Apparently TWD episode was meant to be brutal? Is it worth watching 6 seasons of shite to catch up now or...?

It starts well but just ends up being a constant cycle of setting up camp, surviving, someone does something stupid, they move, repeat. Gave up halfway through season 3
Original post by The Wavefunction
It starts well but just ends up being a constant cycle of setting up camp, surviving, someone does something stupid, they move, repeat. Gave up halfway through season 3

I watched everything up to the mid-season finale of season 5.

No idea what's happened since but people seem to be freaking out a bit...
I'm a fan of TWD. I can see how some people don't enjoy it as others as it can sometimes be a bit slow/a bit samey.
telling chinese family about the new runway..

they ask if we are delighted? it being good for our economy and all

Tell them, some are, but some are worried about the impact on local communities..

They say: like what?

Explained that there is a 600 year old barn near by..

They ask: why? is the barn hard to destroy? whats the problem?
So Heathrows getting a new runway that will cost the taxpayer millions, whilst Gatwick's privately funded one isn't going ahead.

Heathrow should have a dozen runways by now tbh
Original post by AR_95

Last couple of seasons have been very hit and miss tbh. You'll get a brilliant episode then a few which are just filler. It's not Game of Thrones but I wouldn't say it's six seasons of **** though, it's still a good show.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
It's not Game of Thrones but I wouldn't say it's six seasons of **** though, it's still a good show.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On another note, would anyone ever watch GoT again? Even though it's top quality, it would seem such a chore to re-watch, because it's not something you can casually watch, you have to pay attention to it. It's really more akin to a 60 hour movie imo.
Original post by swirly
On another note, would anyone ever watch GoT again? Even though it's top quality, it would seem such a chore to re-watch, because it's not something you can casually watch, you have to pay attention to it. It's really more akin to a 60 hour movie imo.

easily, just haven't had the time
Original post by AR_95
easily, just haven't had the time

What would you say the most shocking moment was? I'd say probably the Red Wedding, or Joffrey's wedding.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Heathrow should have a dozen runways by now tbh

There's better alternatives around atm, especially when the economy could potentially go tits up. Gatwick has more open space for a runway, less people to disturb, less of a hit on the taxpayer and isn't already operating over pollution levels.

Once again though an example of the Tories not sticking to their word, May campaigned against it back in 2010 ffs. I legit hate this government.
Reply 9733
Original post by swirly

Have actually rewatched the Battle of the Bastards a few times. Perfect episode to get you through a meal when you can't think of anything else to watch.

Might rewatch it again tbh, I bet I've missed a lot.
There's better alternatives around atm, especially when the economy could potentially go tits up. Gatwick has more open space for a runway, less people to disturb, less of a hit on the taxpayer and isn't already operating over pollution levels.

Once again though an example of the Tories not sticking to their word, May campaigned against it back in 2010 ffs. I legit hate this government.

Yeah, but Gatwick's ****ing shite
Original post by SA-1
Have actually rewatched the Battle of the Bastards a few times. Perfect episode to get you through a meal when you can't think of anything else to watch.

Might rewatch it again tbh, I bet I've missed a lot.

Strange thing to watch while eating :rofl:

That's what old episodes of Friends/ The Office are for.

I've seen the last 2 seasons of Breaking Bad multiple times, but could never re-watch the earlier ones.
It was quite funny, his grin and her reaction, you know he got exactly what he was looking for.

Also giving off some Moriarty vibes.
Reply 9737
Original post by AR_95

Definitely recommend. Like all shows it has its ****ness but on the whole its still one of the best shows on TV.

Last episode was something else though. Did not expect it.
(edited 7 years ago)
We'll need the extra runway for when the nationalistic idiots get their "hard Brexit" and the economy completely crashes, it'll mean people can get out of the country quicker.
@Rk2k14

Can confirm Stranger Things >>>

Nancy >>>

Latest