Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Swirly posting a mad essay.

ReputationRep:
    bammy jastard 27 - if you found swirly's post offensive do let me know. I will report it on your behalf, and will have your back for when the moderation team come at us with questions.

ReputationRep:
    Logs out
    Drops mic
    Never returns

SA-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    bammy jastard 27 - if you found swirly's post offensive do let me know. I will report it on your behalf, and will have your back for when the moderation team come at us with questions.
    I was offended reading it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    I'm not even that big into or knowledgeable about rap
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Imagine thinking you cant copy and paste off rap genius you cheese, eggs and potatoes appreciator
    Imagine thinking law students named swirly were actually creative you kool-aid mirin motha ****a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    My personal top 5 rappers

Em
    Meth
    Biggie
    Big L
    Nas

Shoutouts for Lupe and Pre-808s Kanye

ReputationRep:
    RIP Tupac amiright?

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/memeindex/status/791855382717169668

ReputationRep:
    I would like to take this opportunity to give my gratitude to all those who showed me love when I got my first suit. Today, the 31st of October 2016 @ 11:09 am, TK (known as trapking) received his second ever custom made suit. I tried it on and proceeded to my mirror were I immediately heard echos from my darkest dreams...."wow that's a sharp ****ing suit" the voices said....."wow you look like Joe Schofield mayne"....."baby **** me and touch me".....

At this point I realised I made it in life and I give my warm thanks to all the people who made it possible for me to look this damn good.Love you all very much.

-Tk

zKlown SA-1 Dirtybit swirly difeo bammy jastard 27 The Wavefunction

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Really lives up to his reputation doesn't he

ReputationRep:
    were

ReputationRep:
    Best one yet.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Came across a very interesting theory by a chap called Victor Vroom. He suggests that power of motivation is the product of three things:-

Valance
    Refers to the emotional orientation that people hold with regards to outcome. How much someone wants something, what are the reasons for it (money, progression, experience etc.)

Expectancy
    What the individual's expectations are for themselves, how far they will go, what levels they can reach. Important question is whether they can actually achieve it (based on capabilities)

Instrumentality
    The belief that once you hit your goal, you will receive the reward that you desire.

Do you agree?

Thoughts?

[Theory is called the expectancy theory of motivation (1964), if you'd like to read about it lel]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Came across a very interesting theory by a chap called Victor Vroom. He suggests that power of motivation is the product of three things:-

Valance
    Refers to the emotional orientation that people hold with regards to outcome. How much someone wants something, what are the reasons for it (money, progression, experience etc.)

Expectancy
    What the individual's expectations are for themselves, how far they will go, what levels they can reach. Important question is whether they can actually achieve it (based on capabilities)

Instrumentality
    The belief that once you hit your goal, you will receive the reward that you desire.

Do you agree?

Thoughts?

[Theory is called the expectancy theory of motivation (1964), if you'd like to read about it lel]
    Interestingly, I was studying this today in my Psychology of Effective Organisations module

There are quite an extensive number of motivational theories - my favourite is Equity Theory (Adams, 1969) which revolves around the idea that we compare our inputs and outcomes to others to gauge perceived fairness.

The interesting thing about motivation is that reality isn't always the important thing; it's the "perception" of reality from an individual's perspective that makes the difference.
    Regardless of who's in the right or wrong, if an individual perceives inequity, their motivation will reduce.

This is obviously quite a simplistic breakdown, but motivation - especially in the workplace - is a really interesting study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Interestingly, I was studying this today in my Psychology of Effective Organisations module

There are quite an extensive number of motivational theories - my favourite is Equity Theory (Adams, 1969) which revolves around the idea that we compare our inputs and outcomes to others to gauge perceived fairness.

The interesting thing about motivation is that reality isn't always the important thing; it's the "perception" of reality from an individual's perspective that makes the difference.
    Regardless of who's in the right or wrong, if an individual perceives inequity, their motivation will reduce.

This is obviously quite a simplistic breakdown, but motivation - especially in the workplace - is a really interesting study.
    Oh yeah, forgot you were doing organisational psychology.

Lel, does the equity theory explain your rage quits on FIFA?

Also I think the perception of self in reality makes a massive difference. Known a lot of people with brain injury who are stuck in one place because they believe they are still capable of returning to the jobs that they had prior to their brain injury.

With Vroom, specifically for those with a brain injury, I guess I'm making the point that without aids to help them with their challenges (memory, executive functioning etc.), they probably wouldn't have the confidence and thus motivation to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Valance

Expectancy

Instrumentality

Do you agree?

Thoughts?

Yeah, seems common sense; provide someone with a realistic goal, whether it be extrinsic or intrinsic, and is long as the reward is satisfying then they'll be motivated.

ReputationRep:
    Apply this to a man with no motives.

Like The Joker...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.