Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Chelsea said they'd never have had any interactions with the doctor. He's a flakey liar apparently.
    Ye, just like JT originally said he'd never had any interactions with Wayne Bridges girlfriend...

ReputationRep:
    Have a read of this

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index...erview.412846/

ReputationRep:
    Shocking article. It wouldn't surprise me if most athletes at the top of their game are doping. Even if they aren't PEDs, they're all taking a ton of supplements, injections etc. to boost their performances. At what point does something go from just "performance enhancing vitamins" to PEDs? Genuine question

ReputationRep:
    saw on twitter after wenger's comments on doping UEFA had Arsenal's entire squad tested soon after
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Shocking article. It wouldn't surprise me if most athletes at the top of their game are doping. Even if they aren't PEDs, they're all taking a ton of supplements, injections etc. to boost their performances. At what point does something go from just "performance enhancing vitamins" to PEDs? Genuine question
    WADA

And yes they're all doping imo. I can't think of a reason why not tbh

ReputationRep:
    Its a relative grey area, most people would agree that using anabolic steroids shouldnt be allowed in sports but when you look at examples such as golfers using laser eye surgery to improve their already healthy vision (which isn't banned btw), surely youre performance enhancing just as much as the first example?

Its all down to the authorities at the end of the day which is why its so widely debated. Sports recently are also becoming so much more competitive and results are decided on such small scales that athletes are starting to experiment more because some see these grey areas as loopholes probably.
    Spoiler:
    Show

To illustrate the question further, let us consider a Premiership footballer and a sprinter.
    • The footballer uses an inhaler to control his asthma.
    • The sprinter takes THG, a muscle-building 'designer' steroid.
    A lot of people would say that the footballer's inhaler is fine (if he really is asthmatic) but the sprinter is cheating. That's certainly the position of the sporting authorities.Asthma treatments definitely affect performance. In fact, they contain banned substances. They must be approved before an athlete may use them. Why are they allowed at all, if such drugs as THG are not permitted under any circumstances?There is nothing wrong with the sprinter; she could compete without her steroid (though she might not place as highly). The footballer has a medical condition that would otherwise make him unable to compete without doubling over and wheezing.But the sprinter might argue that asthma is a natural disadvantage, just like being a slightly slower runner, and that if we wanted to be consistent we should take the footballer's inhaler away too!

ReputationRep:
    Ye, just like JT originally said he'd never had any interactions with Wayne Bridges girlfriend...
    Christ, this #obsession you have with us whenever I comment anything is pretty sad. Was slightly humourous a few months ago, now its pretty clear you're just desperate for reps

ReputationRep:
    League is genuinely Leicester's now

Well done to them

ReputationRep:
    Christ, this #obsession you have with us whenever I comment anything is pretty sad. Was slightly humourous a few months ago, now its pretty clear you're just desperate for reps
    Mate when are you guys going to stop throwing piss at opposition fans. It's really #salty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    League is genuinely Leicester's now

Well done to them
    Achieved what we, Liverpool and Spurs couldn't over the years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevva888)
    Mate when are you guys going to stop throwing piss at opposition fans. It's really #salty.
    You realise he said it first right in a completely different discussion?.

And I'm not taking posting tips from you of all people

ReputationRep:
    You realise he said it first right in a completely different discussion?.

And I'm not taking posting tips from you of all people

You always respond to my posts. I think you like me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevva888)
    You always respond to my posts. I think you like me.
    You quoted me.

Are you autistic?

ReputationRep:
    Root has the potential to be the best all round batter of all time? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Cricket is a poor sport for people that are s*** at proper sports

ReputationRep:
    You quoted me.

Are you autistic?
    I love how riled you get.

Nah, I was referring to the other times we talk on here, they are always pleasant conversations.

ReputationRep:
    Root has the potential to be the best all round batter of all time? Thoughts?
    Agreed. Lad is quality.

ReputationRep:
    Ben Stokes worse bottler than Arsene Wenger. 24 off 4 balls ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who watched that tell me cricket is boring. What a bloody finish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Anyone who watched that tell me cricket is boring. What a bloody finish!
    Cricket is boring

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.