Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    To cut to the story quick main points are:
    Me & father have a join savers account with Barclays.
    I want to open account on my own for student finance, but I cant open a student additions account due to not being in university currently. I also cant open a normal current account as I am still in full time education.
    What can I do?
    Help please
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You should be able to open a basic bank account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneymania999)
    Hi all
    To cut to the story quick main points are:
    Me & father have a join savers account with Barclays.
    I want to open account on my own for student finance, but I cant open a student additions account due to not being in university currently. I also cant open a normal current account as I am still in full time education.
    What can I do?
    Help please
    Wait until you have firmed your university place, at which point you can open a student bank account in your own name.

Leave the bank details section of your Student Finance application blank for the moment. You can enter your new account details once you have it.

Being in full time education does not prevent you from opening a bank account. Some banks will limit your facilities if you don't yet have a regular income, but your educational status shouldn't bar you from opening an account.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.