Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Greatest regret of you life? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Choosing Medicine and wasting 10 years of my life training for a career I don't want to do. All I want to do is perform but I won't be able to take it up seriously and/or full-time until I'm past 30.

(Original post by fatima1998)
    noooo i dont think they are morally right!
    they treat gay people like sh*t
    I'd like to think I'm religious, I don't treat gay people like ****. My favorite teacher is gay lol. I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

think that boys are the one ones that gonna make their lives like heaven and girls are only for house chores
    lol what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endgametheory)
    I'd like to think I'm religious, I don't treat gay people like ****. My favorite teacher is gay lol. I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

lol what?
    conservative people do treat gay people like they are from another planet!
    haven't you seen a documentary on the BBC "gay people in Pakistan" http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b06kjz32
    environment also cause the way you think about stuff, if you are living in Pakistan you will think the same way as everyone else does but if you are in the UK then you will think more openly. Pakistan's legislation (i think) doesn't have anyone related to gay people (it's in the documentry)...
    i would suggest you to watch the documentry - i watched it and it was good

conservative people do treat gay people like they are from another planet!
    haven't you seen a documentary on the BBC "gay people in Pakistan" http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b06kjz32
    environment also cause the way you think about stuff, if you are living in Pakistan you will think the same way as everyone else does but if you are in the UK then you will think more openly. Pakistan's legislation (i think) doesn't have anyone related to gay people (it's in the documentry)...
    i would suggest you to watch the documentry - i watched it and it was good
    I haven't seen it, I'll give it a look!

just out of curiosity, are you currently living in pakistan atm?

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly the SAME with my Mum's side. Like 100% identical. I'd like to point out that, my mum's side does not value pakistani culture at all, which is why I can see a distinction between culture and religion.

You're right, that is some 1930s mentality. Personally, I've never come across traditional pakistanis with that sort of attitude nowadays.

My dad's side are kinda cultural, but not that extreme.
    Just give it time! People will soon realise their views are outdated.
    I ABSOLUTELY agree about the distinction between culture and religion. I've seen it. My mum's family are good Muslims yet so open minded and not sexist. For example, 2 of my khalas don't wear hijab yet no one says anything to them.

MY father's side is another story though. Its ridiculous. Lucky you! Haven't seen it. Ask me. It sucks! Yes with time but damn what people like me have to go through..

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen it, I'll give it a look!

just out of curiosity, are you currently living in pakistan atm?
    NOPE! I am in the UK
    it's just like a trailer but its kinda funny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUu_Tv_WCEc

(Original post by BrokenLife)
    I ABSOLUTELY agree about the distinction between culture and religion. I've seen it. My mum's family are good Muslims yet so open minded and not sexist. For example, 2 of my khalas don't wear hijab yet no one says anything to them.
    Same. My khala is so down to earth too. I think it's because of their upbringings, my mum's parents valued education and religion so much, like I found out recently that my grandmother had a Bsc in English literature. My mum doesn't wear a hijab, yet (alhamdulillah) she is so religious, she dislikes all this misogynistic pakistani culture cr*p. My wife would actually have the best mother in law lmfao.

MY father's side is another story though. Its ridiculous. Lucky you! Haven't seen it. Ask me. It sucks! Yes with time but damn what people like me have to go through..
    Tbh, once you get married to a humble person that has modern views, you'll never experience any of that rubbish. Its all that annoying side of pakistani culture man.

NOPE! I am in the UK
    it's just like a trailer but its kinda funny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUu_Tv_WCEc

lol that does look funny, brb gonna go watch it

ReputationRep:
    Same. My khala is so down to earth too. I think it's because of their upbringings, my mum's parents valued education and religion so much, like I found out recently that my grandmother had a Bsc in English literature. My mum doesn't wear a hijab, yet (alhamdulillah) she is so religious, she dislikes all this misogynistic pakistani culture cr*p. My wife would actually have the best mother in law lmfao.

Tbh, once you get married to a humble person that has modern views, you'll never experience any of that rubbish. Its all that annoying side of pakistani culture man.
    Omg same! My mum's parents always valued education and religion! They are so open minded . Omg I love them!

Haha aww bless her! That's so cute.

Tbh I'm going to be the coolest mother in law even though that's not happening until like 40 years haha

I agree but that doesn't happen through arrange marriage where you don't even know the person

I agree but that doesn't happen through arrange marriage where you don't even know the person
    What if you find someone? Would your parents accept that?

Someone close to me (pakistani muslim etc) liked this guy for years (like I'm talking secondary school) and she's now married to him and has a 9 month old kid. (m'A).
    Her parents were completely fine with it.

ReputationRep:
    Not spending enough time with one of my friends.

ReputationRep:
    What if you find someone? Would your parents accept that?

Someone close to me (pakistani muslim etc) liked this guy for years (like I'm talking secondary school) and she's now married to him and has a 9 month old kid. (m'A).
    Her parents were completely fine with it.
    Yeah as long as he is a Muslim, they'll be okay eventually. Its just that in my dad's family, there's been a tradition of arrange marriages for so long so its like a new thing for them to take in which is a pain really but if the guy is a Muslim, eventually they'll be okay.

And aww wow that's sooo cute, mashaAllah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    you'll be fine if u want to succeed. i haf faith in u.

otherwise, btec hair n beauty.
    thanks, traitor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    thanks
    Make sure to do as many past papers before the exams too and use the specification for subjects like Biology to help differentiate between what you have to know and what's extra.

my biggest regret is going up to the loft last night...:cry:
    But really long term, I regret not being around overseas family more...

ReputationRep:
    My biggest regret is not seeking help for my health sooner and also for not sticking in well enough at school. I got good grades but I could have done so much better. My heart just wasn't in it at the time though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE history. Ugh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.