ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I remember that life would be a lot worse and people would judge me if I fail.

I've also learnt to work even without motivation and find that once I get going, I'll be inspired to go longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    I read biographies of successful and interesting people. Thinking about the consequences of failure can be quite motivating. Also, imagining/visualising succeeding in what you want to do can make it seem more realistic and motivate you to get started/keep going.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol

ReputationRep:
    I don't
    So many missed lectures, so much work not done
    And even my worst assignments are low 1sts, such is the joy of it being first year...I guess I will have to get my act together at some point

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, there are still so many people in our community who don’t have any money left to learning on after paying their rent and utilities each month. The current wage growth is not keeping up with the cost of education for many of these low-income families.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone is available a good education.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Really good question. It would be easier, if I have a goal and a sense for my life, just more than stay alive.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I am so unmotivated it pains me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    listening to this, maybe u should try too:

ReputationRep:
    @Advanced_Subsidiary
    Is your man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    games then work etc and i realise that i want to do well and not get U's or any other bad grades and i keep working at things
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I am so unmotivated it pains me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess you have not a clear goal like me? that is always the great problem in such a phase of life, the greatest one is not finding a sense.

ReputationRep:
    i just look at what i want and how to get them and that's enough

ReputationRep:
    Motivation is a modern rubbish.

You work because you have to work.You learn because you have to learn.Otherwise, you're just a lazy *******.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by makehomework)
    Motivation is a modern rubbish.

You work because you have to work.You learn because you have to learn.Otherwise, you're just a lazy *******.
    Lazy *******? is that not a term of the modern rubbish too? by the way has every single human to learn and to work, if this human is able to manage life in another way? no, I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Lazy *******? is that not a term of the modern rubbish too? by the way has every single human to learn and to work, if this human is able to manage life in another way? no, I don't think so.
    how else?
    you are in the list of Forbes?
    no?
    Well then go to work!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by makehomework)
    how else?
    you are in the list of Forbes?
    no?
    Well then go to work!
    Think outside the box. Are working African tribes which are living in the wild (in the sense of earning money)? no. What about the aboriginals in the rain forest? no. You see, there are another living sturctures with another (different) living conditions to ours. That is what I wanted to point out.

ReputationRep:
    The end goal. Knowing that with hard work you can get a First or high 2.1 keeps me motivated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.