Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just goto work from the word go really for A2 and ull be fine i got BBC at AS and im hopin for AAB now for A2 so it aint that much harder i dont think...

ReputationRep:
    I think A2 is just the same level as AS.
    I had a massive difficulty in jumping from GCSE to AS, and had to work REALLY hard for my AS exams, but the A2 exams I've just sat don't seem so hard at all.
    However, that may be because I got some modules out of the way first and only had 6 summer exams. My advice is get as many units out of the way and then it's a breeze.

(Original post by sneezyme)
    in englit, you're writing skills, interpreting and analysing skills are constantly improving.

sorry - couldnt resist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    sorry - couldnt resist!
    lol-that's ok, that's quite shameful actually (being an english lit student) i'm usually quite careful with those! thanks for correcting me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistiquehk)
    Opinions please?

ive found it easier, a lot easier, but maybe thats because ive worked harder im not sure

ReputationRep:
    I iddnt notice much difference, except that teachers expectations seemed to go up. So over the summer holidays you were expected to raise your game, go up from writing B grade essays to A grade essays etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm undecided...

I've scored higher in EVERY A2 paper than any AS. I cant decide if thats due to more revision or adapting to A-levels...

If you can cope with AS's you will be fine with A2's

ReputationRep:
    Opinions please?
    Very. Well I'm making the transition from AS to A2 currently but whilst taking my AS this year I still have A2 Chemistry to take next week In year 11, it was difficult but this year the amount to learn has been overwhelming. I don't know if it will be the same for my four A2 subjects in the next few months. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_melanie)
    I don't know if it will be the same for my four A2 subjects in the next few months. :confused:
    Well, you don't HAVE to take four to A2. Universities only usually give 3-grade offers anyway (including the top ones).

ReputationRep:
    obviously it depends on the subject, but...

i think others have said this, but its not so much that its harder, but in my subjects its harder in the sense that the wording, exam layout etc is a pain in the arse compared to last year. in geography, for example, the 2 main papers have 2 'options' in each (answer q on coasts, q on agriculture etc) - in 1 exam you write 2 essays, one on each subj, & in the other 2 essays on each subj (4). you have to be more careful with essay construction etc. thats in comparison to last year when you had shorter q's & you filled in gaps, rather than having blank writing booklets. in history the jump of quality of writing, essays etc is also q big - you really have to be good at the essays, do historiography, have signpost sentences & no waffle (dammit) etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    Yes, I think there is quite a jump. However, I have found that by working hard early on and overcoming the jump the rest of the A2 year can be ok. Also, I would say that for my subjects in general there has been less content to learn, but it is the skills required that are harder. I can't necessarily say that about other subjects, the sciences in particular.
    I'd have to agree there... History is loads harder at A2... chemistry... well, i suppose yeh. But of course, it all depends on where ur strengths and weaknesses lie. For instance, my better sibjects... a2 was a doddle but the ones i wasnt greatly keen on or brilliant at was hard, yeh...

ReputationRep:
    Opinions please?
    I don't think so. To be honest i did my AS courses and then dropped the lot after a year to do the AVCE where each year is an A level so i didnt think it was that hard.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.