Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered a conditional place at Plymouth university for a Social Work degree (YEY ) on the condition that I pass a health check?
    Does anyone know what's involved with the health check as worried the fact I had post natal depression a few years ago and suffer from slight anxiety will hinder my chances.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SamiB1)
    Just been offered a conditional place at Plymouth university for a Social Work degree (YEY ) on the condition that I pass a health check?
    Does anyone know what's involved with the health check as worried the fact I had post natal depression a few years ago and suffer from slight anxiety will hinder my chances.
    Hi SamiB1,

Many congratulations for receiving your conditional offer to study Social Work at Plymouth University!

I have been in touch with the Health and Human Sciences faculty to see if they have any words of advice for you and here is their response:

"The health check is an occupational assessment in order to see if a person is fit for practice. Applicants will receive a questionnaire to fill in and send to occupational health.

If there are some underlying health conditions, occupational health may ask to have a chat in person or over the phone with the applicant. In most cases, this is done to ensure that we have appropriate support for them during their time here.

If the applicant still has some concerns, she will need to contact the OH team – the details of which should be on the OH form that she will be sent in due course. Kind Regards"

I hope this information is of help to you and puts your mind at ease a bit!

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further queries, I'll do my best to answer them

Congratulations again!

Dale

Plymouth University

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.