Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but no one is going to want to marry me so I'll end up getting an arranged marriage. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    No, I got cats to look after. :lazy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    But do you want to get divorced?

Can't do one without the other.
    I don't want to get divorced:no:
    I'd have to wait a long time and make sure I really, really trust that person and think we could stay married for life before agreeing in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how do you know no one is gonna marry you!
    it's just all about the timing- your love will reach to you at the right time
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i sounds so werid :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    I don't want to get divorced:no:
    I'd have to wait a long time and make sure I really, really trust that person and think we could stay married for life before agreeing in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the biggest decisions most people will make in their life.

Of course the aim is to be married for life. A nice dream. But anything can happen.

What other qualities would you look for?

ReputationRep:
    Yes when i'm 28-30

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to get married some day.

Definitely yes. :yep:

Yes, I'd like to get married some day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    One of the biggest decisions most people will make in their life.

Of course the aim is to be married for life. A nice dream. But anything can happen.

What other qualities would you look for?
    It sure is. :yep: Yep, that's the aim and unfortunately it could go all wrong but you never know.

Well, I'd have to feel comfortable around them. Honesty is a big thing for me. Appearance isn't a total game changer - I'd have to be at least a bit attracted but I always focus much more on personality. If I love them for who they are, that's good enough.
    You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly not too bothered about marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Weddings don't have to have religious connotations. You can have a civil wedding with 0 religion religious text in it already.
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    you can have a civil wedding ceremony with no religion mentioned at all you know :P
    I actually was not aware of that

That seems perfect then
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'd get married if my partner wanted to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes but in no rush. I'd like my kids to grow up in a nice traditional family.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really believe in the institution of marriage. Weddings are fun though and I like wedding dresses.

I'll probably get married at least a few times.

ReputationRep:
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desideria)
    To all fellow millennials: Do you see yourself getting married someday or would a committed partnership (no legal ties to one another) be preferable to you?
    I am not against the idea of spending my life with that special someone I love, what I am against however is how marriage laws in the West are structured to f*** the men over in the event of divorce.

The only way I would get married in the legal sense is if I knew I could ringfence some of my assets so I wouldnt be f***ed over by my spouse.

Of course if we had any kids I would make sure they are taken care of, but this theme in the West that a woman is entitled to half your stuff just because she married you is simply crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summertime99)
    Don't really believe in the institution of marriage. Weddings are fun though and I like wedding dresses.

I'll probably get married at least a few times.
    lols you realise if a man ever heard you say that, he would never marry you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to get married nor I want a committed relationship or relationship at all.

Opening post sounds like you assume everyone wants a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Would love to be married

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.