The Student Room Group

Is it time all illegal drugs are legalised?

Poll

Is it time all illegal drugs are legalised?

[video="youtube;wJUXLqNHCaI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUXLqNHCaI[/video]

Interesting video, please watch it. Give your opinions on this, saying why you agree or disagree.

Scroll to see replies

My issue with the 'war on drugs' is not so much the legalisation issue but more the regulation should it be legalised. Who will regulate it? Should there be taxation? If so, why?
I think drugs are vile and those who take them are largely degenerates. Educate your children to avoid them. That being said I do think all drugs should be legalised, and not regulated or taxed.
Original post by Bad Faith
[video="youtube;wJUXLqNHCaI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUXLqNHCaI[/video]

Interesting video, please watch it. Give your opinions on this, saying why you agree or disagree.

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite simply... yes.

One example video I like to refer to:

[video="youtube;W8yYJ_oV6xk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8yYJ_oV6xk[/video]
No thanks.
Yep I think the Portugese study showed that de-criminalising drugs achieved a few things:

- It took a heavy burden off the police, allowing them to return to addressing more day-to-day crime
- The population took less drugs overall
- The illegal black market crumbled, having a knock-on effect on other activities it dealt in and promoted
- The health service didn't collapse under the pressure, instead it thrived under the huge amount of learning it undertook as a result of the new influx
- Drug-users were more open about discussing and solving their problems

Overall it'd be a positive measure.
Original post by Aceadria
My issue with the 'war on drugs' is not so much the legalisation issue but more the regulation should it be legalised. Who will regulate it? Should there be taxation? If so, why?

i'd say yes look at colorado and how much they make just on weed
my personal opinion is to legalise natural drugs so most opiates, weed, cocaine
No. I could possibly understand marijuana but everything else? Get stuffed.
Original post by jamesthehustler
my personal opinion is to legalise natural drugs so most opiates, weed, cocaine

I don't understand what difference it makes that a drug's natural, it's the effect the drug has on someone that's important, not how it is made...
drugs are a mug's game
Original post by jamesthehustler
i'd say yes look at colorado and how much they make just on weed

That does not answer the question of regulation. I very much doubt the government is capable and savvy enough to objectively regulate the use of drugs.
Yes, why should the government be in control of what we do to ourselves?

Also the war on drugs is so pointless,it encourages gang violence, helps the black market and many people are imprisoned over minor drugs charges - personally I think it's ridiculous.
Original post by Don John
Yep I think the Portugese study showed that de-criminalising drugs achieved a few things:

- It took a heavy burden off the police, allowing them to return to addressing more day-to-day crime
- The population took less drugs overall
- The illegal black market crumbled, having a knock-on effect on other activities it dealt in and promoted
- The health service didn't collapse under the pressure, instead it thrived under the huge amount of learning it undertook as a result of the new influx
- Drug-users were more open about discussing and solving their problems

Overall it'd be a positive measure.

Wow. Some thinking. Some good points. Backed by study.

You my friend are a TSR unicorn.
Original post by the bear
drugs are a mug's game

Classic bear™

Always evading questions.
For those that are against the use of drugs, why/how would legalisation affect you?
Original post by contradicta
Yes, why should the government be in control of what we do to ourselves?

Because it's the government who cleans up after you.
Original post by Ethereal World
Classic bear™

Always evading questions.

Morning Eth !

How's the Flower of the Forest ?

:beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending