Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When people suddenly want to be a nurse when you get in? Since getting my place (3rd attempt may I add) 5....yes 5! People I know have applied literally because I have. They never had an interest before and it just irritates me. 1 girl hasn't got a single experience in care but yet she wants to be a nurse. Sorry for my rant I just think why?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you are not making sense ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    you are not making sense ...
    Why? Lol. I start nursing soon and a lot of "associates" have literally dropped everything and applied for nursing. They had no intention before I got in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wbnurse)
    When people suddenly want to be a nurse when you get in? Since getting my place (3rd attempt may I add) 5....yes 5! People I know have applied literally because I have. They never had an interest before and it just irritates me. 1 girl hasn't got a single experience in care but yet she wants to be a nurse. Sorry for my rant I just think why?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so is it 3 attempts or 5?
    so is it just 1 person or many?

also what happened to background info? xD

ReputationRep:
    Why? Lol. I start nursing soon and a lot of "associates" have literally dropped everything and applied for nursing. They had no intention before I got in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I had too much wine to make sense ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    so is it 3 attempts or 5?
    so is it just 1 person or many?

also what happened to background info? xD
    five ADDITIONAL people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry maybe I've not proof read :/ I attempted to get in 3 times over many years.....5 people I know suddenly want to be nurses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't really understand why you are annoyed. It's obvious that you have inspired these people to make nursing their new career interest. Why would this be a bad thing? Nursing is a great profession and if you believe that they are applying but not suitable then I guess they will find that out themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the previous poster. When I applied to do nursing it peeked people's interest and other people applied too. Not everyone got a place but some of them are now trained nurses who work in different specialities. I don't think this is a bad thing, and if it's just a fad because they don't know what to do with their lives then they will most likely drop out in their first year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.