The Student Room Group

Ketamine shown to be effective in treating depression

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/03/depression-medication-fda-psychadelics-ketamine-psilocybin-johnson-and-johnson-mdma

Far more effective than antidepressants, which don't work for a lot of people. Even more effective when combined with therapy.

MDMA has been shown to be similarly useful, as well as for treating things like PTSD. LSD and psilocybin also have the potential to treat depression.

And yet none of these fairly safe drugs (all of them, with the possible exception of ket, are safer than alcohol) are currently used, and research is highly restricted, because of draconian drug laws.

Why? How does society benefit from preventing people treating chronic illnesses?

Medical research has been held back for decades by repressed, regressive, poorly informed dinosaurs.
The research on Ketamine and depression suggests that the effects last for 1 - 2 weeks, it's a short term solution.

Now LSD on the other hand...
Reply 2
The best solution to depression is a better diet (including supplements if the local diet is nutrient-sparse), exercise, and occasionally plowing one's girlfriend.

Take chemicals at your peril.
Original post by 41b
The best solution to depression is a better diet (including supplements if the local diet is nutrient-sparse), exercise, and occasionally plowing one's girlfriend.

Take chemicals at your peril.

A good diet can prevent many things. The research on diet/exercise and it's role in preventing depression is quite positive.

But suggesting a better diet/exercise as a solution to a mental disorder....?
I think empathy and understanding would be good. I’ve given that out but not received back much. People laugh, retraumatise etc. I find a walk, smelling flowers being by water helps.people keep asking about what work I’ve been doing very annoying and trying to limit spending I’m better alone I find people do not help ir understand I’m an empath. There are lots of psychopaths/sociopaths lawyers, finance, banks, everywhere, police. Councils. Need to write about it. lost everything still coming to terms with. As feel on drugs just go for walks and look after myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending