Turn on thread page Beta

Going to a party and the person who rejected me will be there. What should I do? watch

I'm a girl and I got rejected by a boy. I've been avoiding him since but I can't hide away forever.

I didn't know he was going but I've since found he is. The thing is I bought myself some nice heels and a sexy dress (not trashy though haha) and now I'm scared that he's going to think I'm dressing up for him. Should I ditch my outfit and wear something else?

How should I act? What should I do? I'm dreading seeing him!

My best friend said I should get drunk flirt with other guys but I don't think that will end too well

ReputationRep:
    **** what he thinks and just do your thing

ReputationRep:
    Stay with your friends if they will be there as well and enjoy your time. It might be awkward a bit but probably he will avoid you as well.

ReputationRep:
    These situations are a bit uncomfortable. The best bet is to hold you head high, don't blank him, but don't go out of your way to talk to him. I would stick with what you were going to wear and if you should get off with someone else so much the better..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a girl and I got rejected by a boy. I've been avoiding him since but I can't hide away forever.

I didn't know he was going but I've since found he is. The thing is I bought myself some nice heels and a sexy dress (not trashy though haha) and now I'm scared that he's going to think I'm dressing up for him. Should I ditch my outfit and wear something else?

My best friend said I should get drunk flirt with other guys but I don't think that will end too well
    I agree with your friend. Apply a bit of psychology here! Approach, talk to, flirt with and hook up with some other guys, or even bring along some guy friends and be seen with them. If you snog another guy (or more than one guy), he will look at you in another light, it will make him a bit intrigued by you and in a strange way it may even make him want you. He may start to think there's more to you than he originally thought, and wish he'd never rejected you in the first place.

If he does try to get with you after that, you will have the upper hand, you will be in power position and you will be able to turn the tables as you will now have the choice reject HIM (or hook up with him).

I've seen this sort of thing happen before and it's amazing how the tables can be turned! I've done this sort of thing when I've been rejected by a girl, and it's worked. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:

Does he have a brother? If so, invite his brother and hook up with him, to send a message. Also works with sisters, mothers, fathers and pets

ReputationRep:
    Don't make any effort to talk to him and he'll quite probably get the message that your looks for the night aren't anything to do with him. That's all ya need to change, look sexy if you want.

(Original post by SAhm95)
    **** what he thinks and just do your thing
    You're right I shouldn't care what he thinks!

ReputationRep:
    What the heck is some of this advice? Don't hook up with or drag along other guys to make him jealous. You don't need to play games. Do what YOU want to do at the party and nothing more. As long as you have a good time regardless of this guy, it's all that matters. Ignore him and just have a good time.

(Original post by In2u)
    Stay with your friends if they will be there as well and enjoy your time. It might be awkward a bit but probably he will avoid you as well.
    Oh yeah funnily enough I never thought about that: he may avoid me as well!

(Original post by Zarek)
    These situations are a bit uncomfortable. The best bet is to hold you head high, don't blank him, but don't go out of your way to talk to him. I would stick with what you were going to wear and if you should get off with someone else so much the better..
    Yeah I will stick to my original attire and keep that head high!

ReputationRep:
    Have sex in front of him.

(Original post by nk802)
    I agree with your friend. Apply a bit of psychology here! Approach, talk to, flirt with and hook up with some other guys, or even bring along some guy friends and be seen with them. If you snog another guy (or more than one guy), he will look at you in another light, it will make him a bit intrigued by you and in a strange way it may even make him want you. He may start to think there's more to you than he originally thought, and wish he'd never rejected you in the first place.

If he does try to get with you after that, you will have the upper hand, you will be in power position and you will be able to turn the tables as you will now have the choice reject HIM (or hook up with him).

I've seen this sort of thing happen before and it's amazing how the tables can be turned! I've done this sort of thing when I've been rejected by a girl, and it's worked. Best of luck!
    Wow that's really interesting... I had to sit and ponder on that for a while... I've never done anything like that before, i.e. hooking up with guys. I always thought a guy will like me more for being a 'good' girl but it's simply not true. It seems the girls who hook up lots are the one with the guys wrapped around their fingers and the ones that end up with the boyfriends. I guess sitting patiently on the bench on my best behaviour hasn't really worked. I get called 'cute' and 'sweet' all the time but the reality is no guy actually wants that

So how do I have the confidence to pull this off? I'm already shaking like a leaf at the thought of seeing him, never mind flirting with other guys in front of him!

(Original post by stefano865)
    Have sex in front of him.
    Oh my!! I'm not sure I have it in me to be that naughty!

(Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    Does he have a brother? If so, invite his brother and hook up with him, to send a message. Also works with sisters, mothers, fathers and pets
    Yes he has a brother but his brother is not even 16 so that's not even an option! As for his parents and pets it may be a bit tricky to get them to come (I just realised how wrong that sounds...)

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Don't make any effort to talk to him and he'll quite probably get the message that your looks for the night aren't anything to do with him. That's all ya need to change, look sexy if you want.
    Thanks, I certainly won't be the one making an effort to talk to him.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Funnily enough I am going to a party and the girl who rejected me is going to be there. We never remained friends after and things turned sour. I am probably only going to say hi but my efforts are going to be focused on other people and not some girl that probably doesn't remember who I am.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I certainly won't be the one making an effort to talk to him.
    How did you approach him?
    How did he reject you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Funnily enough I am going to a party and the girl who rejected me is going to be there. We never remained friends after and things turned sour. I am probably only going to say hi but my efforts are going to be focused on other people and not some girl that probably doesn't remember who I am.
    Are you good looking?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by HmmIsIt)
    Are you good looking?
    **** if I know. I'm average at best

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.