Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could i get a C in English language with D's in my controlled assessment/Coursework? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently sitting my GCSE's in y11 and now that exams are in acouple of weeks I have sat all my controlled assessments in all my subjects. However, my focus mainly now is on Enlish language as my Controlled assesment mark is on a D grade, the teacher has told me it has a Ums mark of 56, you eed 60 ums marks for a C in controlled assesments however no re sits are allowed now and I have a D overall for my controlled assesments. I have been told I am to sit foundation tier for the exam but will i still be able to get a C overall if I get a C in the exam? I'm also confused with the Ums awarding system as the foundation paper only goes up to 90 Ums marks for a C which would be just about a C however 90 plus my controlled assesment mark which was 56 would make 146 and 150 is for the C so could I still have a C overall? Please offer some help below,
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Why don't your English teacher? She would be able to explain to you better. I have A's and B's for all of my English Language controlled assessments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmz123)
    I'm currently sitting my GCSE's in y11 and now that exams are in acouple of weeks I have sat all my controlled assessments in all my subjects. However, my focus mainly now is on Enlish language as my Controlled assesment mark is on a D grade, the teacher has told me it has a Ums mark of 56, you eed 60 ums marks for a C in controlled assesments however no re sits are allowed now and I have a D overall for my controlled assesments. I have been told I am to sit foundation tier for the exam but will i still be able to get a C overall if I get a C in the exam? I'm also confused with the Ums awarding system as the foundation paper only goes up to 90 Ums marks for a C which would be just about a C however 90 plus my controlled assesment mark which was 56 would make 146 and 150 is for the C so could I still have a C overall? Please offer some help below,
    Thank you
    How come you're not allowed to resit the coursework? I got C's in mine but I'm re-doing them in the next few weeks

ReputationRep:
    I was away for my unit 1 and it was meant to be done in 10 lessons (2 days of english) however my unit 3 resit i got a C, the reason i didn't get C overall was because my unit 1 was a low D. Guess it was my fault i missed it.

ReputationRep:
    Why not discuss it with your teacher? They'll be able to help better, also if you have any exams, try to aim for a B/C to balance it out

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think this forum could helpbetter than my teach all she told me is that 1 raw mark is equivalent to 2 ums marks, but after looking at the pearson grade boundaries i was confused as to whether you can get above 90 ums marks on the foundation paper.

ReputationRep:
    True but i have to do foundation paper.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think this forum could help better than my teacher all she told me is that 1 raw mark is equivalent to 2 ums marks, but after looking at the pearson grade boundaries i was confused as to whether you can get above 90 ums marks on the foundation paper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.