Turn on thread page Beta

Help with good comebacks. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I am a huge fan of Marvel and DC. However, I'm a bit concerned about the 'Fake Geek Girl' thing which is the only reason that has stopped me from wearing merch outside my house. I also haven't been in a comic book shop for years because I seriously felt like I stood out since I was the only girl there.

However, I'm planning to change all that this summer. It's a bit depressing that I actually have to ask for advice on this but what good comebacks can I have if someone comes up to me and asks something like, 'I bet you haven't read any Iron Man comics!11!!!'

Of course, these situations might not happen at all but I would like to be prepared. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    So I am a huge fan of Marvel and DC. However, I'm a bit concerned about the 'Fake Geek Girl' thing which is the only reason that has stopped me from wearing merch outside my house. I also haven't been in a comic book shop for years because I seriously felt like I stood out since I was the only girl there.

However, I'm planning to change all that this summer. It's a bit depressing that I actually have to ask for advice on this but what good comebacks can I have if someone comes up to me and asks something like, 'I bet you haven't read any Iron Man comics!11!!!'

Of course, these situations might not happen at all but I would like to be prepared. Cheers
    Say 'how much do you bet?'. Make a bit of money out of the situation and keep the dude there for hours rattling off facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    Say 'how much do you bet?'. Make a bit of money out of the situation and keep the dude there for hours rattling off facts.
    :rofl: Good one!

ReputationRep:
    I am iron man! Fe male

ReputationRep:

just tell them to **** them selves in the behind
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol jk actually just tell them it's none of their business and try to shoo them off

ReputationRep:
    I found a website that has examples of a few insults which I would like some good comebacks to if anyone's willing to help.

http://www.themarysue.com/psychology...ake-geek-girl/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I am iron man! Fe male
    I see what you did there.

:five:

ReputationRep:
    I bet you haven't read any Iron Man comics!!!!1111!1!
    To me, this sounds more like a compliment than an insult. They're basically saying you're not a massive fedora-wearing neckbeard. Give them a hug, cry out a tear, and tell them thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I found a website that has examples of a few insults which I would like some good comebacks to if anyone's willing to help.

http://www.themarysue.com/psychology...ake-geek-girl/
    problem is that people just assume everything and never think 2wice about what **** comes out their mouth

ReputationRep:
    Do a quick scan of the room and think of some general cusses that apply to all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SageJiraiya)
    Do a quick scan of the room and think of some general cusses that apply to all of them.
    The only problem is that I can never think of one on time and then I will come up with a good comeback 2 years later

ReputationRep:
    The only problem is that I can never think of one on time and then I will come up with a good comeback 2 years later
    Well, you don't have to cuss them back you know.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you don't have to cuss them back you know.
    I know but it's good to keep some handy if I feel like doing so
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Play the old 2 sided card. If you're knowledgable on something nerdy, great, show off. If there's something you're not into and they quiz you on it, proceed to laugh at them for being so sad for actually reading such rubbish.

Let's be real, though, are these geeky guys really gonna be interacting with a girl? No :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I know but it's good to keep some handy if I feel like doing so
    I'm not sure They could come in all shapes and sizes so its kind of hard to pick something. Perhaps you could brainstorm cusses for certain types of people before you go into the shop?

ReputationRep:
    Tell them to go **** themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure They could come in all shapes and sizes so its kind of hard to pick something. Perhaps you could brainstorm cusses for certain types of people before you go into the shop?
    Thank you! I will probably bring this thread back in the summer after my exams just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I will probably bring this thread back in the summer after my exams just in case.
    No problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Tell them to go **** themselves.
    I just came here to say this.

Well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If only it was on TSR and you could just use in real life as an appropriate response.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.