The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Zerforax
Shame to see Malinga injured and miss the rest of the tournament.

He'll lose his record as a result, you'd expect.

Afridi needs two wickets to surpass him as the overall leading wicket-taker in the World T20.
Damn looks like England might win it..
Reply 202
Original post by Zerforax
Damn looks like England might win it..

Doing their best to **** it up. Never straight forward with England...
That last over... :lol:

But amazing nevertheless.
this was the closest game by far
Reply 205
That's the greatest run chase in T20 history. Fair enough, it's been bettered - albeit only once before - but the circumstances and the pressure cooker situation send today's match above that.

Root was utterly brilliant. He's such an exquisite batsman, and a future captain for sure. Everybody on here knows how much I love him, so I won't harp on.

The middle overs well and truly cost SA. Duminy was perhaps too conservative in eking out only 17 from 17 balls in the mid portion of the innings. Rashid and Moeen did their best to slow things down, but England's seam bowlers were pummelled and bailed out only by the batsman's fearlessness and brilliance.

Neither Willey or Topley or Jordan is good enough to be an attack leader, and it duly showed. The most damning indictment is that they failed to perform today, in conditions which mirrored their home country rather than India.

The atmosphere was electric, and that's the best game of T20 cricket I've seen in a long time.

Well done England's batsmen. Both sets of batsmen treated the bowlers with disdain. The stats show the power play overs were the most expensive in history, but SA were probably 20 or so short on a day where they gave away 20 runs in wides.

The one positive for SA - after losing in such disappointing fashion - is that Tahir managed to bowl four overs without conceding a boundary.
Pak v India tomorrow, guys!!! :tongue:
Original post by BrokenLife

Oh yeah! :bhangra:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 208
Pakistan and India is "bigger than the Ashes," say both sets of players. Hard to disagree with that assessment.

As a neutral, I can't wait.

I think Pakistan have been guilty of placing themselves under too much pressure in the past. They should allow India to feel the weight of expectation this time around. Pakistan, with a win already under their belt and India struggling post-NZ defeat, can afford to go in full of positivity and enjoy the occasion.
Original post by Azhar Rana
Oh yeah! :bhangra:
Your predictions?

Dil says Pakistan:bhangra::bhangra::love:

Dimag says India:colonhash:

Dil & dimag says Pakistan since our team is so unpredictable!:u::colonhash:

What about you? :smile:

Yepp! So excited! :ahee:

Good luck to both teams!

I thought I'd drop this picture here...

Spoiler

Original post by undercxver
Yepp! So excited! :ahee:

Good luck to both teams!

I thought I'd drop this picture here...

Spoiler

I agree and hahahahaha omg deeeadd:biggrin:

That's actually me too..thanks to Indeterminate:colonhash::tongue:
Dil says Pakistan:bhangra::bhangra::love:

Dimag says India:colonhash:

Dil & dimag says Pakistan since our team is so unpredictable!:u::colonhash:

What about you? :smile:

LOL!! :giggle:
Yes, pakistan is so unpredictable. But I am thinking its 50/50 chance :rolleyes::yeah:
Original post by Azhar Rana
LOL!! :giggle:
Yes, pakistan is so unpredictable. But I am thinking its 50/50 chance :rolleyes::yeah:

Haha :biggrin: Well, let's wait and watch. I'm not going to be hoping to win(although you never know):u: but they better perform well:colonhash:
Incredible run chase by England! That group is well and truly alive!

NZ are most likely to come first in group 2, now it's just about who will join them :tongue:
Original post by moment of truth
Incredible run chase by England! That group is well and truly alive!

NZ are most likely to come first in group 2, now it's just about who will join them :tongue:

Will be close between SA/Eng I think
Original post by Student403
Will be close between SA/Eng I think

What about WI?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about WI?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they can beat SA, Aus or NZ
Original post by Student403
I don't think they can beat SA, Aus or NZ

So England and SA to go through?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So England and SA to go through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah NZ and either England or SA in my opinion. I think SA will rek everyone else after this defeat lol

Quick Reply

Latest