The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by undercxver
Really? I think Austrailia have a better chance.

They haven't really been in form. Neither has India but at least India has Kohli/Bumrah/Ashwin
Original post by Mackay
Pakistan could easily have won that match. Their total was achievable, admittedly, but they could've emerged victorious had Kohli not shown he was head and shoulders above any other T20 batsman on the sub-continent.

I was saying that to a friend earlier too. They could've won tha easily. At around 8 overs, I thought India would lose because by that time they had already reached 3 wickets.
Original post by Mackay
Pakistan could easily have won that match. Their total was achievable, admittedly, but they could've emerged victorious had Kohli not shown he was head and shoulders above any other T20 batsman on the sub-continent.

Original post by ravioliyears
I was saying that to a friend earlier too. They could've won tha easily. At around 8 overs, I thought India would lose because by that time they had already reached 3 wickets.

Only if they got Kohli's wicket.

That was the key to the game
Original post by Student403
Only if they got Kohli's wicket.

That was the key to the game

I was literally praying that Kohli doesn't get a wicket. I was yelling at the TV for him to be careful because of the continuous fours and sixes with Yuvraaj Singh.
I was literally praying that Kohli doesn't get a wicket. I was yelling at the TV for him to be careful because of the continuous fours and sixes with Yuvraaj Singh.

Awwww :hugs: :ahee:
Awwww :hugs: :ahee:

Lmao I forgot to add, with my mother in the background swearing in Gujarati about how bad the India team loool XP
Lmao I forgot to add, with my mother in the background swearing in Gujarati about how bad the India team loool XP

:rofl:
Original post by HAnwar
Lol it ain't that deep...

Original post by HAnwar
Well you know what they say, the match could've been fixed...

(Jk Indians don't kill me please)

Haha I always believe that Pakistan vs India is never a straight forward game of cricket. A lot of politics and pressure!
It's the hope that kills.

Kohli is simply to be admired, has an incredible mindset when batting and he just seems immovable when he gets in the groove.

On the game itself, the pitch was poor but India utilised it so much better with their spinners and add to that their mental hegemony in these official contests between the two sides, was inevitable they would see the job through despite the odd nervy moment.

Pakistan made errors although not picking Imad wasn't the big mistake as it was made out. Don't think picking him would have changed the result. Batting wise, they made a cautious but decent start - Shehzad played a poor shot to ruin his work and if it wasn't for Malik and Akmal, would have been a low total than what they got. Afridi made captaincy errors - not giving Amir his third over when Kohli came in or when India lost their fourth wicket but he brought himself on for some reason. The lazy attitude to giving India easy singles was most infuriating - no pressure at all defending a small total. Don't see Pakistan ending this poor record anytime soon, difficult to change mentality.

But least Pakistan have a chance, but two tough games which I don't see them winning. Great result for the women team at least!

Posted from TSR Mobile
And for all the Pakistani fans, including me. Just watch the New Zealand vs India game highlights again Hahaha. Never laughed so much in my life!
Original post by BrokenLife
All this time during the match, I was just praying for Kholi to get out cos he is the REAL danger:colonhash:

Yeh, could've been tighter. At least the pressure game is gone, slim chance we'll get to the Semi-Finals with our final two games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys are we not worried that Australia might destroy us just like New Zealand did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 372
Idk about that

Aus vs Bangladesh - Aus will win
NZ vs Pakistan - NZ will win
India vs Bangladesh - India will win
Aus vs Pakistan - Aus will most likely win unless we pull of something spectacular
Bangladesh vs NZ - NZ will win
India vs Australia - India most likely

So either way NZ will go through and then I think it's between India/Aus

pak should beat NZ and AUS
PAK against aus record in t20 WC
2007 pak win
2010 pak lose 2 games
2012 pak win
2014 pak win
overrall 60% record
(edited 8 years ago)
NZ only win if they bat first - If they bat second their batting becomes exposed
Reply 374
Kohli did Sachin proud today.
Original post by Mackay
Kohli did Sachin proud today.

He definitely did. That bow to him when he reached fifty :love: he played the perfect innings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 376
Just seen there's only one match - Australia vs Bangladesh - on Monday, and one - NZ vs Pakistan - on Tuesday.

Oh man.

Need to make the most of watching two matches, SA vs Afghanistan and SL vs the Windies, tomorrow.
unfortunately, Pakistan lost the game
BUT
Pakistan will win next match with Australia because Australia isn't really strong team anymore like it was used to so still have hopes :u:
Original post by BrokenLife
Well, as @CoolCavy said to me at least @Indeterminate is happy. Trust me, Cavy, only that keeps me going on!:p: :colondollar:

Also, my soni @Eternalflames. Happy for you too! :frown: :smile: omg #Mixedemotions:colonhash:

Aww thank you Noori jaan :biggrin:
Original post by kaplu
pak should beat NZ and AUS
PAK against aus record in t20 WC
2007 pak win
2010 pak lose 2 games
2012 pak win
2014 pak win
overrall 60% record

Form changes... And no way will they beat NZ lol..

Quick Reply