• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Nice to see Afghanistan win today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Nice to see Afghanistan win today.
    Yes!! I am so happy they won at least one game - they played very strongly this entire tournament. And a win against the group topper is exactly what they deserve
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Love the fact Afghanistan claimed a victory over the Windies today. Great stuff. They deserve something from their participation in this tournament - and that's not me being patronising. That's their first victory over a Test-playing nation other than Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Landmark achievement. They've given teams a scare throughout the competition, and it was great to see them get a victory today.

Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi were exceptional, and really limited WI after Afghanistan set them a reasonably paltry total.

Shahzad, Zadran and Stanikzai all impressed, but Shenwari could have done better - though, admittedly, I felt Badree warmed up for meeting India or Australia very nicely indeed.

It's a good wake up call for the Windies, and I was delighted to see Gayle so humble in defeat, dancing and sharing selfies with the Afghan players. WI sure know how to party.

As for Afghanistan, this result should serve as a huge wake-up to the ICC. Do the right thing in 2019, chaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Love the fact Afghanistan claimed a victory over the Windies today. Great stuff. They deserve something from their participation in this tournament - and that's not me being patronising. That's their first victory over a Test-playing nation other than Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Landmark achievement. They've given teams a scare throughout the competition, and it was great to see them get a victory today.

Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi were exceptional, and really limited WI after Afghanistan set them a reasonably paltry total.

Shahzad, Zadran and Stanikzai all impressed, but Shenwari could have done better - though, admittedly, I felt Badree warmed up for meeting India or Australia very nicely indeed.

It's a good wake up call for the Windies, and I was delighted to see Gayle so humble in defeat, dancing and sharing selfies with the Afghan players. WI sure know how to party.

As for Afghanistan, this result should serve as a huge wake-up to the ICC. Do the right thing in 2019, chaps.
    I couldn't believe Rashid Khan's age! He plays world class cricket against test playing nations so young :eek:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Student403)
    I couldn't believe Rashid Khan's age! He plays world class cricket against test playing nations so young :eek:
    He looks double his age, doesn't he? Remarkable.

I don't know what Shenwari was thinking, by the way. With Benn - who is massive, with such a long reach - at slip, you should be keeping the ball away from that area as much as possible, let alone guiding it and lofting it up for him to snag simply.

ReputationRep:
    He looks double his age, doesn't he? Remarkable.

I don't know what Shenwari was thinking, by the way. With Benn - who is massive, with such a long reach - at slip, you should be keeping the ball away from that area as much as possible, let alone guiding it and lofting it up for him to snag simply.
    Yes he looks like he could be my uncle - forget being younger than me!

I was wondering, yeah. A couple of full tosses I was praying wouldn't be smacked away and they weren't. But that could have ended very badly

ReputationRep:
    take kohli out already

ReputationRep:
    What's happening guys?

Is India winning or not?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yes he looks like he could be my uncle - forget being younger than me!

I was wondering, yeah. A couple of full tosses I was praying wouldn't be smacked away and they weren't. But that could have ended very badly
    That total from Afghanistan today was the second lowest successfully defended World T20 history.

SL managed to defend 119 against NZ in the last tournament or 2010, I think.

The death bowling from the Afghans deserves credit. Going into the final five overs, the Windies needed only 40 runs and you'd have banked on them to get that.

ReputationRep:
    That total from Afghanistan today was the second lowest successfully defended World T20 history.

SL managed to defend 119 against NZ in the last tournament or 2010, I think.

The death bowling from the Afghans deserves credit. Going into the final five overs, the Windies needed only 40 runs and you'd have banked on them to get that.
    Wow that's ridiculous. Also yeah three of the five biggest six hitter of the tournament are Windians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    What's happening guys?

Is India winning or not?
    :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Is India winning or not?

ReputationRep:

Is India winning or not?
    They are getting closer, 39 of 18 :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    kohli is turning into monster :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAhm95)
    Turning in to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    They are getting closer, 39 of 18 :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Uh oh. If only some chakkas and chuakas. Let's hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    In this World Cup, it's literally Kohli v (Insert Country)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the good monster or the bad one like Afridi?

In short, is he playing any good?

ReputationRep:
    Is the good monster or the bad one like Afridi?

In short, is he playing any good?
    yes hes raping it and 40k people are chanting his name

ReputationRep:
    yes hes raping it and 40k people are chanting his name
    Lool well good for India then. Hope he can win this one!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.