• Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    goodbye shane watson
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Otherworldly stuff from Virat Kohli! :ahee: Can't believe what I've just seen tbh! :lol:

Looking forward to the semis! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Seems strange to think that had Bangladesh not screwed up their last game, the outcome would be totally different :erm:

ReputationRep:
    obligatory incredible knock by kohli- if theres anyone that has a chance of rivalling tendulkars greatness its only this guy

really hope this is all setting up for an Ind vs Eng final....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    obligatory incredible knock by kohli- if theres anyone that has a chance of rivalling tendulkars greatness its only this guy

really hope this is all setting up for an Ind vs Eng final....
    Joe Root vs Virat Kohli showdown would be EPIC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Seems strange to think that had Bangladesh not screwed up their last game, the outcome would be totally different :erm:
    sounds like sour grapes - if SA hadnt screwed up in 1999, Aus would never have won the cup and so on and so forth dumb logic there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    sounds like sour grapes - if SA hadnt screwed up in 1999, Aus would never have won the cup and so on and so forth dumb logic there
    :facepalm: Well it's not..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    True :yep: Still haven't figured how India won that :O I guess the Bangladeshi batsmen must've lost their heads in the heat of the moment :lol:

But we're in the semis despite playing badly for the most part. Hopefully the best is yet to come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    True :yep: Still haven't figured how India won that :O I guess the Bangladeshi batsmen must've lost their heads in the heat of the moment :lol:

But we're in the semis despite playing badly for the most part. Hopefully the best is yet to come
    Best of luck! I'm sure after an Afghanistan loss WI will be a bit winded :O
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think we will easily beat west indies.

However I think england vs new zealand will be very close. Wouldn't want india to play england tbh as I think a lot of the bowlers will be bowled LBW esp with willey and jordan and knowing shikhar dhawan.... New Zealand at least have bowlers who have played ipl so india would know about mcclenaghan for example.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed - Afghanistan's win has cheered me up though

Terrible news at what happened in Pakistan today.. :cry2:
    Well that was nice to know!

And yes!! Lahore!!! My city

(Original post by Fas)
    I disagree. India perfectly have the potential to win games without Kohli performing to that sort of standard. Dhoni/Yuvraj/Rohit Sharma are all exceptional players, with fantastic batting ability - granted that Rohit is currently not in form, but I'm sure if Yuvraj was not injured today he could have scored an additional 15-20 runs and ran hard alongside Kohli. Dhoni needs no explanation.

It would definitely be harder for us to win without Kohli, not at all disagreeing with that. But it's unfair to assume India would be "nowhere" without him - even without him, they would certainly be ahead of Pakistan for one thing
    Orite orite, mate. India is amazing, happy?

But Pakistan Zindabaad, no matter what!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Well that was nice to know!

And yes!! Lahore!!! My city

Orite orite, mate. India is amazing, happy?

But Pakistan Zindabaad, no matter what!
    Aww Karachi here.. I'm sorry :console:

ReputationRep:
    Aww Karachi here.. I'm sorry :console:
    Karachi or Lahore, it hurts too much everytime Pakistan faces such terror attacks. And oh Karachi has had its own fair share and still does. Sad. May Allah bless Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    Virat Kohli is just phenomenal. The master of the chase. We definitely haven't played excellent cricket in this tournament, but have done just enough to get through. Sharma, Dhawan and Raina failed, once again, but the contributions from Yuvi and Dhoni were important, especially Dhoni with his running towards the end with Virat. He was always in control of the chase, even at 39 of 18.

Quite happy to play against West Indies, although Mumbai is the best pitch of them all in the tournament so might still be difficult!

Shane Watson had a pretty good game, too, and a sad end to a good career. Not sure if I would regard him as a 'cricket legend', but he has been fantastic in limited overs cricket for Australia and just had his problems in test matches. Wish him the best for his retirement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Karachi or Lahore, it hurts too much everytime Pakistan faces such terror attacks. And oh Karachi has had its own fair share and still does. Sad. May Allah bless Pakistan.
    Yeah it is a shame! But agreed iA
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Best of luck! I'm sure after an Afghanistan loss WI will be a bit winded :O
    Thanks But I don't think it'll mean much to them because they'd already qualified

And I've only just heard about what happened in Pakistan earlier :console: Sickening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Thanks But I don't think it'll mean much to them because they'd already qualified

And I've only just heard about what happened in Pakistan earlier :console: Sickening
    That's true :yep:

And yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Virat Kohli is just phenomenal. The master of the chase. We definitely haven't played excellent cricket in this tournament, but have done just enough to get through. Sharma, Dhawan and Raina failed, once again, but the contributions from Yuvi and Dhoni were important, especially Dhoni with his running towards the end with Virat. He was always in control of the chase, even at 39 of 18.

Quite happy to play against West Indies, although Mumbai is the best pitch of them all in the tournament so might still be difficult!

Shane Watson had a pretty good game, too, and a sad end to a good career. Not sure if I would regard him as a 'cricket legend', but he has been fantastic in limited overs cricket for Australia and just had his problems in test matches. Wish him the best for his retirement
    i doubt there has been anyone better in history to win a game chasing in limited overs - id say in that category he already stands alone above the likes of SRT , dhoni and ABDV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)

i doubt there has been anyone better to win a game chasing in limited overs - id say in that category he already stands alone above SRT, Dhoni and ABDV

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.